• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • Jamie
    Free Member

10kg in 6 months seems doable.

Less than a lb a week in old money.

Don’t forget, if you are doing exercise…especially resistance stuff, then you’ll be changing composition so before and after pics sometimes help to gauge progress rather than just scales.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m aiming to lose 8-10kg this year. 3kg in the next 6 weeks hopefully, a further 3 by the end of April.

Currently 86kg, 6’1″

theotherjonv

Have just spent an hour compiling a spreadsheet with figures. Just working out best way to share, may do a google doc if people agree?

So far 19 of us, combined we weigh 3782lbs = 270 stones. Or nearly 1 3/4 tonnes. And we’re aiming to lose 449lbs = 32 stones, so 12% or our weight.

There are a few ‘missing’ names -people who said they might or would, but haven’t emailed me yet:

Jamie?
    Atlaz?
    Pondo?
    Gozarch (space saved for Tuesday when access to scales)
    Capt Kronos?
    Flying Ox (you said count me in but no email yet?)
    wonny_j?
    Tallmartin?
    Piemonster?
    daftvader?

mrhoppy

I’m in, will send email when I get back and get a weight.

pondo

I’m in, fo shizzle – just going nowhere near scales till tomorrow morning!

daftvader
    Free Member

Sorry, been a shitty day here will try and email before midnight!

theotherjonv

no worries, just reminding.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[Quote]Jamie – Member

before and after pics sometimes help to gauge progress rather than just scales. [/quote]

Photoshop doesn’t count in this instance.

binners

I’m in. Will email tomorrow

Jamie
    Free Member

Photoshop doesn’t count in this instance

That’s where I have been going wrong then.

Will email you in a bit, Jon.

spekkie
    Free Member

Once this gets going it would be helpful to hear what seems to be working for people.

As chakaping mentioned above, I’m also planning to take the “slow but steady route”. Never been good at cold turkey – no will power! But slowly cutting down on intake and increasing output will hopefully work for me.

theotherjonv

I agree, I’m just collating numbers – this is your / our thread to use as self-motivation, to help each other and to share what’s working and what isn’t.

atlaz
    Free Member

For me, Jan is about booze and snack removal. That’ll help me a lot I think.

takisawa2

I’m in.
    Embarrassing the state I’ve let my self get in to.
    Will weigh in & email you in the morning.

mrhoppy

Oh lordy 100kg, that’s a work from home desk job for the last year and a half. Aiming to get down to 85kg by summer, would be better to lose a chunk of weight if I have to have an op later in the year anyway.

daftvader
    Free Member

Ouch! 16st on the nose. But then the excesses of xmas and the last few months have stopped today as planned, as has the booze… just need to start excersizing again now…. but that is one major obstacle. Some of you may know that I suffer from severe bi polar (manic depressive knife maker… what could possibly go wrong?!) and also have bouts of agoraphobia which makes getting out of the house tricky. So this may be the kick up the arris I need… here’s hoping! Sorry for the ramble….

Jamie
    Free Member

Well…I guess I’ll email in tomorrow. On mobile, and can’t be asked to parse Jon’s non-clickable email 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it, I’m a 34″ waist at nearly 15st 5lb but I’m 6ft and well built. Seems funny that someone 2 stone lighter has the same waist size.

Yup quite agree. Thing is I’m a slim build, not much to me really. Got a huge paunch right now though. People say “oh poor you” sarcastically when I tell them I’m 85kg and seriously overweight, but they don’t understand that I should be well under 70kg for my build! When I left uni at 23 I was only about 65kg and plenty strong enough.

Thing is though, even when I was thinner, I had to buy 34″ waist jeans cos I couldn’t get anything smaller over my thighs (buying jeans as a cyclist ain’t easy) or my arse! Always needed a belt to keep them up. Right now I’m muffin topping 34’s though which isn’t good…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Email sent.

Need to lose some weight net but increase (recover) muscle, don’t weigh that much more than 5 years ago but it’s flab vs muscle. Ageing and slowing metabolism is a bitch.

binners

Well the last self-help thread on here was the packing in smoking one. And I’ve not had a fag for over 18 months now. Which is why I need to get involved with this one. Piled the weight on since giving up the cigs.

Hopefully this goes as well 🙂

theotherjonv

spaces saved for all of you!

Pls remember to send me your end Jan, end Mar and end Jun target weights as well as your current. And if not obvious, what your stw name is.

And second, I said kg or lbs but most people have sent in lbs or st so if we can standardise future weights to lbs then avoids me having to recalc.

redthunder
    Free Member

75kg

Goal 70kg.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yep – I’m in!

wiggles
    Free Member

I managed to fix my dodgy scales and it added a stone…

Will send my new weight over in the morning will do in kilos to make it easier

theotherjonv

Lbs better please!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ll get in on this, genuinely scared to step on the scales.

SaxonRider

I’m just picking this up now. Count me in; I’ll send you an email tomorrow morning (Monday), as I’m lying in bed at the moment.

In early July, I was around 75 kgs and due to injury and gluttony, have managed to get up to about 82 kgs. It is time to get back in the ring…

thejesmonddingo

Email sent.Currently 13st 7lbs,up to my early 30s I weighed around 9st 12,I’d like to get into the low 10st’s,so at least 45 lbs to go.I suppose at 5′ 7″,I’m a bit under height for my weight.

russyh
    Free Member

Aiming for 97kg by Jan 31st, 90 in 3 months and 85 by the time the National Champs rolls around in June

Good luck, I have just sold my boat and decided to take a break from competitive sailing for a few years now. Mtb has taken over my life. I have to say I am not missing the cold of the winter handicap events, but I am missing the events themselves.

muggomagic

Just sent you a mail to join up. I’ve been putting it off for far too long.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My numbers 80.3kg (177 lbs) now target 77 (169) but with much better muscle tone so assuming I need to lose 5kg (10.4) of flab. Increase due to a year of riding once every 6 weeks and nothing more than 20km.

wiggles
    Free Member

New email sent, Weighing in at an embarrasing 17st when I’m only 5’8″ 😳

Waiting for the mrs to wake up to look after the kids (she was working last night) so I can get the bike out and a go for a trial run of my new commute for my job starting tomorrow so I know how long it will take.

New job has changing/shower facilities and even a washing machine and dryer for dirty kit (perks of working in the bike industry) so no excuses not to ride!

firestarter
    Free Member

2/2/17 194lbs 88kg or 13St 11 3/4lb fatty bumbum

woody21
    Free Member

I’m in

Weighed in on 1st January 2017 – an eye watering 15 stone 8lbs (for me)

Target by year end 14st 8lbs

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Oh turd…. 🙁 yup email sent and would like to join you guys on the quest to less chubbieness.

13 stone 9 lbs pre poo this morning.

Last time I weighed myself a year ago I was 12 stone 4 lbs. Christmas booze and chocolate accounts for a bit of that.

5 foot 10 so definately on chubby side of normal. Can feel it too round my neck and belly 🙁

So…… Would like to get back to around 12 stone.

Good luck all chubby lovers!

theotherjonv

jesmond dingo; no email received

woody21 and firestarter – what’s your targets for 1 month, 3 months and 6 months, that’s the game we’re all playing.

binners

Email sent

Well I’ve Just tipped the scales at a super-chunky 16st 2lb – the heaviest I’ve ever been. My love of the pie is well documented. Since packing in smoking if I have only 2 packs of Seabrook a day it’s officially a Slow Crisp Day

As I’ve never done an actual weight loss program before I have no idea on timescales for targets that are achievable. What does everyone reckon?

I want to shift 2 stone to be roundabout 14. I’m 5’11” and I believe the technical term is a ‘big unit’ anyway.

Right…. I’m off out for a ride

NZCol

Woooft 83kg which is a number I’ve never seen before. I feel a bit fat so knew but this is a shock. Normal operating temp is around 76kg which is where I was in August !! Too much work, crap diet and booze.
    Email coming now !

IHN

As I’ve never done an actual weight loss program before I have no idea on timescales for targets that are achievable. What does everyone reckon?

1kg/2lb a week is the classic ‘lose it and keep it off’ loss rate.

theotherjonv

1kg/2lb a week is the classic ‘lose it and keep it off’ loss rate.

Have emailed a couple of you separately on this so I’ll post it up here. I agree with the above, in fact I’d aim for less. Maybe 1.5lbs per week to start with and then 1lb / wk after. Slow and steady! That’s why i recommend weighing max weekly, and I’m going to collect data fortnightly, to allow for off days and bad weeks and for differences to be noticeable.

I lost 43 lbs in 36 weeks in 2013 at about this rate. There are 26 weeks between now and mid Jun, so losses of between 26 and say 45lbs are very doable. 2lbs a week for 26 weeks is close on 4 stone, which is also doable if you have a huge amount to shift – but looking at the people signed up the most anyone’s aiming for is 3st / 42lbs, and most people seem to be aiming for around 20-25lbs, which sounds a very doable and healthy rate.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.