Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • STW Causing browser crashes
  • andytherocketeer

No issues on mobile on Chrome.
    No issues on laptop on chrome (with certain add ons)

same.

No issues on Firefox on W7, Chrome on Android (Lollipop latest update that got pushed the other day, on a Nexus 5), ChromeOS on an Acer Chromebook, nor Chromium on Linux.

Never had a browser crash with STW. In fact I don’t recall a browser crash with anything for a very long time.

Android chrome crashes when there are photos posted in threads

Not for me. Just been browsing threads with photos. Looks perfectly normal.

I notice those saying they get crashes are not P members, so could be related to adverts?

I may have P but all of my Android browsing is not logged in, and with no software that cannot be mentioned, so getting the full advert experience (which I instantly unpinch to zoom so I can’t see them 😉 )
    On desktop, it’s 50/50 logged in/out.

Flash

Now that’s missing on Android Chrome (well Android in general), since KitKat?
    Seems I do have it installed on Chromium (version Shockwave Flash 11.2 r999, if anyone is interested), and set to enabled. I honestly don’t recall the last time I saw anything Flash. I did have autoplay of media disabled in browser (because of that naughty video player thing), but it’s set to play anything and everything on this install.

Don’t you just love “features” that cause issues on some devices but not others.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘STW Causing browser crashes’ is closed to new replies.