Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • STW bike clinic: disc ready or disc equipped cyclocross bike or something else?
  • toys19
    Free Member

My 6ft mate rides lots of lanes around devon (dartmoor) so tarmac, potholes gravel n poo, also loads of cycle trails and light off road. He rides for pleasure and to get from a-b. So I thought of maybe a hybrid or perhaps a cx bike with disc brakes, he is a skinflint..

The best disc equipped cx bike I found is the halfords boardman at 899, anything cheaper?

The revolution cx bikes are great but they don’t have disc lugs on the frames…

Bregante

Why does he feel he needs discs? If he is such a skinflint that Revolution Cross has to be worth considering.

johnners
    Free Member

He doesn’t need disk brakes for any of that stuff, if you’ve made them a “must have” in the spec you’re limiting the choices needlessly.

Bregante

If he can do without drops my mate does a 35 mile on/off road commute on one of these

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-Bad-Boy-Fatty-Rigid-6-2012-Hybrid-Sports-Bike_48824.htm

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye, hybrids with discs are cheaper.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘STW bike clinic: disc ready or disc equipped cyclocross bike or something else?’ is closed to new replies.