Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • STW Art Club, what have you been doodling recently?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Been a while since we had one of these threads. What have you been up to?

steeveydoesit
    Free Member

Here we have the back of my cat’s head.

Prints available for £270.00. Thank you.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve been busy.

Merckx by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Keith by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Jaques Anquetil by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

jon by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Rik Van Looy by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

senna by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

angelina by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Nice work Samuri, I really like what I think is a self portrait. It’s got a good sense of character. I will add a few in a bit.

samuri
    Free Member

Ta. Aye, that’s me.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, good stuff. Really like the Keef one.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

still got the top layer to add to this work in progress, its about the same size in real life as it appears on here which is quite a bit smaller than i usually work.

steeveydoesit
    Free Member

Jesus! That’s awesome! It’s actually quite spookily real 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

finally found time to rework the hair on this one

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Jesus! That’s awesome! It’s actually quite spookily real

Thankyou 🙂 it will be much better and balanced when i add the top layer, theres a few midtones missing here

King-ocelot
    Free Member

going to tackle this pose next to the cars in a manga style for a change, ive got some of those letraset promarkers you can layer up i have been wanting to try. im going to draw the cars one side on and one frontal so it looks like an old blueprint.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This is my most recent completed effort. Quite chuffed with it as I real am no artist (well I am of some sorts, but not from an ‘art’ point of view!). It’s Acrylic paint

Keef Framed 002 by gary_foulger, on Flickr

Keef Framed 001 by gary_foulger, on Flickr

samuri
    Free Member

Superb catflees. The hair (on your wife) must have taken you so long to do. It’s still something I struggle with enormously to the extent where I’ll attempt the hair first on a drawing in case I mess it up.

The hyper-realism stuff just blows me away though, there are some people out there produce some incredible pieces.

Yes, it’s a drawing.

steeveydoesit
    Free Member

Seriously! I thought it was a photo of an artist at work till I kept reading. Who did this?

samuri
    Free Member

This chap

toniart57 on DeviantArt

Quite an accomplished chap. He can draw in lots of different forms, races motorbikes and cars, speaks numerous languages, can play numerous instruments, likes ACDC and Led Zepplin 😉

But that realism thing is quite common although I think the picture above is probably the best I’ve ever seen.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

That’s a lovely rendering Samurai, hand you seen Armin Mersmanns work? For me he blends photorealism into a more drawn style, he is my favourite graphite artist. You on the right line with hair, but it looks as though the erasers your using are either too thick or your paper is too toothy for the style you draw in. I will do a hair tutorial and post it up here next week. The best erasers I’ve found for hair are ‘maped tip top’ you have to buy them in packs of 5 off amazon as not many shops stock them, the edges are really fine ideal for showing strands. I can’t tell from the images what paper your using but something really smooth like Bristol board would compliment your style, your good at getting skin tones to blend and smooth paper would highlight that.

Nice painting PDF, looks good next to your guitars.

samuri
    Free Member

Many thanks, I’d really appreciate a tutorial. I’ve looked at a few already and Angelina’s hair is a direct result of the best of those. I think I’m not doing enough erasing. I’ll sort out some new paper as I need some more anyway. One chap said that hair should take as long as the face ande I’m certainly not spending that amount of time on it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘STW Art Club, what have you been doodling recently?’ is closed to new replies.