Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • STW Art Club –“Characters from your Childhood or Superheroes” [17/2/2012 to 24/2
  • redthunder
    Free Member

This theme was mentioned a few weeks ago.

For fun.

STW ArtClub HQ for previous themes.

**PS: We need some banners at 940px × 198px for STW Art Club HQ. Design and post here or mail me.

donks
    Free Member

[/url] Harley Quinn by Neil charlwood, on Flickr[/img]

Harley Quinn not exactly a super hero but close enough, Knocked up on the IPad on the brilliant sketch up pro….loving this app

King-ocelot
    Free Member

That’s really nice. I would love an iPad for stuff like this.

samuri
    Free Member

Nice donks.
    I’ll throw this in to start but there’s another superhero who’s more from my childhood I need to work on.

Wolverine by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Kinda fits the theme – an unfinished Dredd.

And some I copied from random comics (yellow tinging on bottom pic is reflection from lounge lights)

Unfortunately I don’t have the creative ability to draw my own stuff, only copy.

Drac

Now I’m really not very arty at all so I download Sketchbook Pro on my iPad2 and had a quick go, needs a lot of work but here you go for starters.

redthunder
    Free Member

Cool drawings 🙂

@drac

Cool. Spidy caught my eye 🙂

DC Comics are doing a chess set at the moment see the ads on teh TV. Might grab a copy for doing a drawing.
    http://eaglemoss.com/dc-chess/eng/index.asp

or Purrrr…

Drac

Ta but I’m cheating slightly by having an original as layer to sketch over and then deleting that layer but as I say I’m really not arty so need to do it that way.

Drac

Right Ok rolled back a bit and tried to do some highlighting and to add some more detail.

Loving the app so might do another TV hero as a kid, I loved Spiderman the TV show.

yunki
    Free Member

I was an unashamed copyist and Vaughn Bode was probably my favourite inspiration..
    Here are the fruits of one particularly informative French lesson.. (I can only assume that Kerry Hooper wasn’t playing the age old game of ‘nervous’ under the desk with me that day..)

DezB
    Free Member

Off topic this one, but I just been round me mum’s so I got her to scan in the scraperboard pic I did her. 1990 this one, don’t think I’d have the patience these days.

Drac

Just knocked another one up only took about 30 minutes. From another TV show I loved as a kid.

samuri
    Free Member

Is that Gay Icon Chachi?

Dez, your scraperboard pictures are amazing.

Drac

Hey! I was just a kid I just liked the chase scenes and the inevitable crash.

DezB
    Free Member

cheers samuri. Shame I stopped doing them really. Used to hurt my eyes though!

LeeW

Dez, that is incredible. In my non arty eyes.

Drac

Not sure if this’ll work but this is by my Dad’s friend and neighbour when he was a kid, he use to work for the Met doing ID from just people describing. He seems not too bad.

DezB
    Free Member

Thats great, really like the style.
    Might rip that off if I get back into drawing 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Drac, that’s a really nice drawing. I’m going to have a proper look on my laptop, it’s a bit blurry on my phone.

DezB, your scraperboards are really good. If you want to do something arty again have you looked at woodcuts? It’s a similar process, you could use tools such as a dremel to make your marks as well as wood cutting tools. Men seem to enjoy wood cuts.

Drac

He’s certainly gifted Catflees as is DezB.

redthunder
    Free Member

The GF’s young’uns Halo Characters… Master Chief Hoo’ah and an Elite 🙂

IMG_9039 – Copy by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Batman 🙂 from the DC Comic Chess thingy. Makes a cheap life model to draw from and it’ Batman 🙂

IMG_9041 – Copy by SGMTB, on Flickr

My tools 🙂

IMG_9040 – Copy by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Master Chief from a Megablock figure.

IMG_9045 – Copy by SGMTB, on Flickr

Spot the error.. GF Young’un did 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The union flag doesn’t like up in the bottom right, however I think the wind got it…

Maped Softee are a good eraser, nice to see some blending stumps too!

samuri
    Free Member
    samuri
    Free Member

Spot the error.. GF Young’un did

Master Chief is American. Clint Eastwood in fact.

Klunk
    Free Member

my name sake…

GEDA
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

Nice, Klunk. Did you do that?

GEDA, I really like your style. I’m impressed you’re not afraid to include so many things in your drawings.

DezB
    Free Member

Not signed GEDA, that one of yours?
    Innnteresting..!

maxray
    Free Member

Ace! so glad I spotted this thread. been gazing at my easel obscured by babygrows and the like, that sketchbook app for iPad is just the trick! It will let me get back into drawing again within the limited time I have available at the mo.

Superhero can be my first project 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Nice, Klunk. Did you do that?

thanks yeah for my sins he needs some work still (goggles a too high on his head) and it’s only a posing rig and skin but I’m quite pleased with it for 2 days work.

GEDA
    Free Member

It is one of mine. Don’t really do signatures. I have been doing drawing like that since leaving uni so a long time now and have got back into doing them these past few months.

redthunder
    Free Member

IMG_9444 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Pets next week.

Draw anything, but with a 10 minute time limit.

alexxx
    Free Member

Sorry, not done much personal stuff since I was younger – here’s a couple I did back in 05 (colours by me not lines)

redthunder
    Free Member

GF’s young’un Jackie Chan…

IMG_9445 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Posted on behalf of Butterfly2346

IMG_9450 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Unfinished.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Alex those are really nice.

redthunder
    Free Member
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘STW Art Club –“Characters from your Childhood or Superheroes” [17/2/2012 to 24/2’ is closed to new replies.