Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • stw anniversary mag in Tesco but not in my letter box
  • Lummox

No copy here either, usual panic as to whether subs has expired. Still might be the case

philconsequence
    Free Member

no copy here, i blame the tories/liberallefties/shandydrinkingsoutherners/lolcats/itcouldbeakidsfacenexttime*

*delete as appropriate.

vondally
    Free Member

nothing here :cry:…………again

druidh
    Free Member

mrh86 – Member
    What would be the general consensus if next year subs were up a few £ and STW sent the copies out 1st class rather than 2nd?

You’re having a laugh, right?

What’s wrong with hanging onto the “shop” copies a couple of days extra to make sure this doesn’t happen?

Mark

We do that already..

That’s the oddity..

Shop copies are purposely delayed to allow time for the subs copies to arrive. Unfortunately, due to the way the newstrade works and the fact mags are set times of arrival in the system, we can’t hold the shop copies back until we know the subs copies have arrived. Instead we have to assume that subs copies will arrive 3/4 days after they are posted, which is what we are told they will be by RM and then schedule the shop copies on that basis.

This week subs copies were collected by RM first thing on Monday.
    Tuesday morning the newstrade copies were collected by TNT. This is the start of a 3 day distribution process designed to ensure that all copies are on the shelves of shops by the weekend. If we miss the weekend onsale slot we will lose over 10% of the sales on that issue as we are only kept on shelves of newsagents for 4 weeks. Those four weeks are set in stone and if we miss that first weekend we will only have 3 weekends on sale.
    On wednesday the bike shop copies were collected by UPS for a 24 hour delivery.
    Subs copies should have started to arrive on wednesday. By now they should ALL have arrived. On monday I will have a response from our distributor who has already put in a SITMA mailing request update from RM. That’s basically asking for an update on how the delivery of the mags has gone at RM’s end.

As soon as I know more I will update you. Subs copies were put into the post in plenty of time. But it seems many have not arrived. As yet I have no explanation as to why that is.

cyclebiker

Oi philconsequence,

What do you mean shandy drinking southerners??

But I have not got mine either, was a present from the Wife, so should I blame her for a late present? I will have to buy myself something else to pass the time… off to CRC.

sc-xc

Brilliant. I love these threads.

Does it really matter when you get the magazine? Really?

Thought not. Carry on then.

ratherbeintobago

Not arrived in Rochdale. Strangely the stuff I ordered from Bike24 on Wed has arrived from Dresden faster…

Much as though it pains me to say it (as my brother works for the Royal Mail) is it time to consider an alternative means of distribution?

Andy

firestarter
    Free Member

Scxc it does when I have to spend over 12 hours on public transport and will end up buying it in the shop

bigmatt
    Free Member

Not life and death (wouldn’t have time to read it this weekend) but just so you know, it has not arrived in Glos. either.

stooo
    Free Member

No subs copy here in Innerleithen yet either. Hopefully it’ll turn up tomorrow for some weekend reading.

Not the end of the world – not like it’s STW fault.

nicko74

No copies at all here in Toronto 🙁 Someone said they were going to look into where I could get hold of one (if only for the boingy seatpost grouptest), but I never heard owt

scaredypants

not here either
    again
    🙄

big_n_daft
    Free Member

(if only for the boingy seatpost grouptest),

there is a thread on that group test on here, it wasn’t complimentary as essentially they didn’t ride them for any real time and just rehashed the marketting…………..alledgedlly

Junkyard
    Free Member

saw a copy in Merlin today but mine was not here either not moaning it will get read eventually but it does not reflect well on STW towers though it is out of their hands. I asssume they have no choice but RM

StuE
    Free Member

Nowt in my bit of Leeds

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Nothing in the NW Alps base camp.

DavidB
    Free Member

Not here in Swindon but LBS has it.

Mark

Yes it matters! It matters to us a great deal. We go to a lot of trouble to do everything in our power to make sure that subs copies are treated as the priority copies. That’s what our subscribers are paying us for.
    As for monday, while I wait for the SITMA report from RM I’ll be calling TNT. I think this is the final straw as far as RM are concerned. I doubt they will be too bothered about it.

If you are a subscriber then all I can do right now is apologise and promise that sorting this out will be mine and Jamie’s priority job from monday onwards.

🙁

crazy-legs

Royal Fail has been utterly rubbish in/around Manc recently. We had nothing at work today (and we get a LOT of post!), loads of stuff this week has turned up late.

ST isn’t the only subscription mag I’m waiting for, it’s the useless bastards at Royal Snail, not ST at fault here.

sc-xc

^ My point is…we all know it’s going to come in the next few days. The fact that it can be bought in a shop before it hits our doorsteps shouldn’t really matter – the content won’t deteriorate (apart from the odd compo!)

taka
    Free Member

mines not here either 🙁 hows about in future i come pick it up fromt singletrack hq rather than making an 8mile journey take 5 days..?

DavidB
    Free Member

Mark

Write to the Chairman of the Royal Mail. I used to work there and this creates what is known as a “flag case” which has to be answered (or it did a few years back). Maintain that Royal Mail may be favouring your competitors and hence giving them unfair advantage.

I ended up dealing with a few of these myself. It’s worth it as a last straw because your account manager will do **** all about it given the size of your account in relation to his/hers performance target.

Speshpaul

Mark
    Spotted the problem for you:-)

“This week subs copies were collected by RM first thing on Monday.
    Tuesday morning the newstrade copies were collected by TNT.”

I reckon PostieRich on his single speed should go self employed.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Non here either 🙁

simondbarnes

Not had our shop copies yet. Mind you haven’t sold out of the previous issue yet.

Clink

Nothing here either

project
    Free Member

DavidB – Member
    Mark

Write to the Chairman of the Royal Mail. I used to work there and this creates what is known as a “flag case” which has to be answered (or it did a few years back). Maintain that Royal Mail may be favouring your competitors and hence giving them unfair advantage.

I ended up dealing with a few of these myself. It’s worth it as a last straw because your account manager will do **** all about it given the size of your account in relation to his/hers performance target.

Posted 1 hour ago #

I did just that, and got the usual pathetic letter back saying we dont keep a record of letters etc, and we dont know where your magazine is , have some free stamps, , Mark has a copy of my letter to Royalfail mail, and there responce.

They just dont understand the hassle theyre causing a SME, (small- medium enterprise),just how hard is it to deliver correctly addresed magazines.

AGAIN ROYAL MAIL CUSTOMER SERVICES 08457 740 740,

DavidB
    Free Member

project. Did you write direct to the Chairman by name?

edsbike
    Free Member

Crazy-legs: We did have around 4 minutes of light drizzle around lunchtime today in Manchester, you can’t seriously expect post to come through on time in conditions like that?

Some people 🙄

project
    Free Member

DavidB – Member
    project. Did you write direct to the Chairman by name?

Posted 5 minutes ago #

Yes and just got the usual we dont care responce.

pastcaring
    Free Member

excuse my stupidity 😳

cinnamon_girl

I’m Darn Sarf so it takes longer to reach this Awesome part of the country. 😉

Looking forward to reading the review of uppy downies though. 🙂

Sandwich

Not just me then. I’ll not ring the subs fairies Monday.

Letters to the chairman of any company should be labelled private and confidential as he will then open them not the secretary.

DavidB
    Free Member

Yes and just got the usual we dont care responce.

But you probably wrote as an individual didn’t you rather than a company claiming malpractice?

MartynS

nothing here in Stockport either..

No, but STW are paying for a service that they clearly are not getting. Its the easy to let them know through the forum.

Drac

Mine’s just arrived an usually I’m one of the first.

Biketreks had issue 63 in on Thursday when I was there but that was late morning.

bigmatt
    Free Member

The postie has just delivered mine in sunny Glos.

Sandwich

Well mine has arrived in the Mystic East. Looks like there was a rush on other stuff and mailsort got pushed to the back of the queue.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Still not arrived in Cheshire this morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘stw anniversary mag in Tesco but not in my letter box’ is closed to new replies.