Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • STW and car driving
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

According to someone on one of these threads the IAM said it was OK to flash someone and then undertake if they didn't move over.

Ta for sticking your head above the parapet Andy. Nice to have an authoritative voice back be up 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

get a FPN for 'without due care and consideration'

Can you get an FPN for a Section 3 then? I thought that had to go to court.

stumpy01

asked this very question of one of the Senior Observers during my IAM training.

He said that if the driver in the overtaking lane was doing 60 or less, he would perform an undertake if it was safe to do so. He would also give a toot on the horn and a single flash of the lights to alert the other driver of his presence.

So the IAM reckon it's OK to undertake….and analogueandy recommends the IAM to us all. Excellent.

As for all the petrolhead comments – I don't really consider myself a petrolhead although I am interested in cars.
    I commute 120 miles/day so use my car a lot and get slowed up a lot by people who refuse to drive in an appropriate lane.

AnalogueAndy so you would pull the person for undertaking & you would pull someone who was sat driving slowly in the wrong lane?
    From your post, it sounds that you would pull the person for undertaking before you would pull someone for driving over an extended distance in an inappropriate lane? Is this so? And if that is the case, why would you pull the person doing the undertaking before pulling the person who was not driving in the correct lane? Surely you will have seen them already in the wrong lane and the only reason for the undertakers transgression would be to get around someone already committing an offence…..?

Form all these posts, I get the impression that using poor lane discipline & driving outside the highway code in that respect is acceptable, but the heinous act of undertaking is totally unacceptable whatsoever.

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘STW and car driving’ is closed to new replies.