Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • STW ALL-Stars Blues Collaboration May 2009 Posted!
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

Here’s it is guys!
    Thanks again to all those who took part.
    Group hug, high 5s, love and beers all round. 8)

I’m gonna let it stand on it’s own feet now, I’ll post some notes about it later.

Enjoy……….

SB 🙂

mangoridebike

cool 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Argh that’s a bit creepy where did you get the pic of me DJing from? That’s from Kendal Calling festival a few years ago. 😛

stratobiker
    Free Member

grumm – got that off the Sour Puss website. 🙂

SB

blutac
    Free Member

Yeah !!!!! We ROCK !!!

thanks to Stratobiker great work with the editing

really looking forwared to taking part in the next one

plumber
    Free Member

Brilliant!

Really enjoyed that, Look forward to the next one.

Plum

I’m thinking Guitar Hero was too good for us all

grumm
    Free Member

Aha! Oh yeah, nice work on the vid. Will have to do some practice before the next one 🙂

Can I nominate Simon Rallis as the most entertaining bit?

And Guitar Hero for being annoyingly good.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Wow – top marks to Stratobiker for all that editing and double wow – there are so many talented guitarists and musicians on STW!

Not too sure who the guitarists are who are playing during my little 5 seconds of noodle but it really gels, and gels as a whole piece too.

Well done one and all who took part!

Now can PLEASE do Wonderwall for the next collaboration? Pretty please? 😀 It’s just Em, G, A something or other and a D thingy chord.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Can I nominate Simon Rallis as the most entertaining bit?

Can I please point out that I had no input into that choice of photo and realise that someone mentioning no names stratobiker must have been stalking my flickr account for the Peru photo! 😀

DavidB
    Free Member

Can I vote that we DON’T do Wonderwall. What we need next is a rap!!

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Yeah!

Fame at last!!

Where did you get that picture of me lying down wearing a dress I thought I’d burnt it?

Thanks Stratobiker brilliant idea I’m looking forward to the next one.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Steve, thanks for the idea and all the hard work.
    Bet you were regretting ever mentioning it whilst slaving over your computer.
    Nice work Fella

augeri
    Free Member

Great stuff guys! Worth the wait – love it.

Might even be persuaded to get a bit of practice in on the old joanna in time for the next one. 8)

Thanks SB – I shall watch this space for the sequel but FFS no wonderwall – please !!!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’m not actually serious about wonderwall BTW – just my little joke 🙂

augeri
    Free Member

I believe you Simon 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh

I think the STW posse must be losing their pedantic edge a bit as no one has pointed out the spelling Fail in the final credits 🙂

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Perhaps no one else has actually watched all the way to the end

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well it can’t be my bit that put em off as Stratobiker only seemed to find 5 notes worth of noodling from me that were worthy of inclusion! And there was me thinking I submitted 5 minutes worth of Howard-Jones esque synth heaven! Oh and dont even get me started as the bit of video doesnt even match what I am playing so it looks wierd tsk 😀

stratobiker
    Free Member

As I said at the top, I’d do some notes later…..

I think all the contributors did a fabulous job, and maybe there were a few others who thought about having a go but didn’t have time. Whichever, if I’ve prompted even one of you to play your instrument a little more than you would have, then I’m happy.

What we have here ranges from vitual novice attempting their first ever blues solo to seasoned pro’ at the top of their game. The range of ability and styles amazed me. It’s not whos best, each has their own voice. Actually, I believe a woman can tell what kind of lover a man would be by the way he plays his instrument!!! (yeah, sub woman/man/his/her as appropriate).

For the contributors – Thanks again for indulging me in my idea. You were just great. You’re all invited to mine for beers/wine/drinks on me. Hey, I never realised how hard it was gonna be. I listened back and forth so many times Mrs Strato was starting to sing some of your lines! I wanted to post a chorus where I cut and pasted best lines in a kind of call and response style, but I’d set Monday lunchtime as the deadline to post, and I just ran out of time. Had to make some arbitrary descisions. Please don’t hold it against me.

Rock’on!

SB 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Strato – yeah – you did an amazing job there on the editing and mixing well done. Look forward to the next piece of music although my keyboard may in storage by then. I’d hate to dissapoint my legion of fan 😀

DavidB
    Free Member

Yeah, well done SB for pulling it all together and hassling for contributions!

johnhoo
    Free Member

nice work folks. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but it’s a nice mix.

who’s that blutac geezer?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have to say that was surprisingly good. I’ll sing for you next time 🙂

Trampus
    Free Member

Super job! I am inspired to buy new strings/reeds for the next one. Well done, hat’s doffed, Strato!

plumber
    Free Member

I’m glad SB has spared you all my ‘tapping’ in a blues

What was I thinking?

Plum

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘STW ALL-Stars Blues Collaboration May 2009 Posted!’ is closed to new replies.