Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • STW After-work Pentlands ride Wednesday 24th?
  • jimmy

Gotcha, nice to meet you yesterday – hope you got on OK and to see you on one of the Wednesday rides soon 🙂

myopic
    Free Member

Cheers, Jimmy!

bigjim

I might be able to manage this for old times’ sake 8)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m out this week, family issues to sort out. 🙁

13thfloormonk

Varying evenings?

Please no 🙁

If we want any sort of regularity I was hoping to move away from weekly negotiations of time, place and day, instead just settling on 6:30pm at Bonaly, every Wednesday (pretty sure the TBC rides were the same evening every week?).

Route choice open to prior discussion just to give us something to talk about on here before hand 8)

We don’t have to settle on Wednesday of course, would just rather pick a day and try stick to it.

Seem sensible?

bigjim

I did like the regularity of the weds night rides, you knew when and where which made it easier to fit work around. I think they were 7pm, although I might be mixing that up with the hervelo rides.

Northwind

Fair dos, let’s stick with weds. I’ve ****ed my back unfortunately so I’m out for this week 🙁

tjagain

TBC rides were 7pm at bonally on Wed.

13thfloormonk

Going to stick to 6:30pm this week but could suggest 7pm next week if 6:30pm means people can’t make it?

tjagain

for me I can only make it if not working so time is irrelevant. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for the next 4 weeks at least.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Used to be busy up there on a Wednesday with the TBC and Hervolo groups plus another STW related group from Harlaw usually. Those were the days!

honeybadgerx

True to form, I’ll not make it, I’m working down in Newcastle Weds so don’t think I’ll be back in time.

Northwind

epicsteve – Member

Used to be busy up there on a Wednesday with the TBC and Hervolo groups plus another STW related group from Harlaw usually. Those were the days!

Aye, the TBC sausage party trying to avoid making eye contact with the Hervelos because everyone knows talking to girls is gay 😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Another STW group? Splitters.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I think the TBC rides were at 7 because the shop shut at 6.30pm.

I’d personally like the rides to start at 6.30 as I always used to hang around after work for an hour, more evening light too. whatever we decide, it would be a good idea to stick to the same day/time. I won’t be out for a month or two anyway so pay no attention to me!

tjagain

and the girls were quicker than us

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That’s only because they didn’t spend ten minutes at every trail junction arguing with you about which way to go.

13thfloormonk

That’s only because they didn’t spend ten minutes at every trail junction arguing with you about which way to go.

That’s the only bit I like anyway.

bigjim

😆

chickenman

I am going to come along (unless there is a rule against old white haired bald geezers)to Bonally for 6.30. Is it kosher to roll up on a mince tank; I own no other mtb???

scotroutes

Correct. 6:30 from the shop, 7:00 from Bonaly (except when we didn’t go that way). I fondly remember the urban loop involving Arthurs Seat, Calton Hill and various other outliers terminating at Colinton.

tjagain

Just ‘cos you always wanted to go the wrong way stevenmenmuir

13thfloormonk

OK so that’s

scruff9252
    gauss1777
    debaser
    robgarrioch
    bigjim
    chickenman

and me

5:45 at the Giraffes
    6:00 at Lochrin Basin
    6:30 at Bonaly Shop

I’m on a mostly black Trek 29er with blue decals, white helmet.

Looking forward to seeing the Pentlands again, it’s been a while!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I might need a bike ride so in the unlikely event I can get to Bonaly shoppe for 6.30 I’ll be on the scabby On-One with the cute little wheels in the equally scabby white Citreon Dispatch van.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m in for this
    Will see you at Lochrin Basin on a Salsa Horsethief

scruff9252

I’ll see you af the Giraffe’s. Blue / White Titus Rockstar

epicsteve
    Free Member

I hope the ride is going to head up Puke Hill. Climbed that last week for the first time in years and it was even more horrible than I remembered!

himupstairs

Cracking day for it. Would like to join in, but have poorly family to get home to.

13thfloormonk

No Puke. Not this time anyway.

Once we lure everyone into a false sense of security we can introduce Puke. 😀

Took a ridiculous crash this morning, looped out of a little manual at speed, landed on my arse so hard I think I compressed my spine. Nothing ice, Ibuprofen and lots of moaning won’t fix, just mighten’t be very enthusiastic on the descents tonight!

[/getting excuses in early]

bigjim

‘mon the puke

it’s not supposed to be fun

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Looks like a cracking night for it! gutted.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Sorry, got a last minute shout for work…. can’t make it

rudedog
    Free Member

I’d be along for this if its OK for anyone to come along? I’ve just moved to Edinburgh (Redhall) in the last couple of months and haven’t been biking as much as I should have. I’ll be on a black transition bandit.

cheers

Rob

jimmy

What PG said! Would love to be out tonight and looks like a good crowd. Well played Ezzie!

13thfloormonk

Good stuff Rob, where will you meet us? If you’re actually in Redhall then we’ll be passing by there approx 6:15pm, turning off canal towpath and joining the Water of Leith path where it crosses Lanark Road.

Edit: First of many hopefully PG and Jimmy!
    Edit edit: Ezzi 😉

rudedog
    Free Member

Probably easiest to just meet you guys at the bonaly shop (unless we catch each other up on the way)

cheers

Rob

13thfloormonk

Cool, will look for you there.

Cheers

honeybadgerx

What’s your panned route? Get in to Edinburgh on the train @17.20 so wondering whether I can get home, drive to Flotterstone and then meet you en-route. Of course, that does involve a definitive route being agreed on in advance… that and me not melting into a puddle in a train with broken air-con 😳 If you see a really de-hydrated guy on a green Kinesis FF29 say hi!

13thfloormonk

So I’m thinking the following:

Bonaly – Clubbiedean – Poets – Kirk Gate climb – Maidens – Harbour Hill – traverse from bottom of Harbour Hill descent to middle gate of Puke – climb to reservoir – traverse and climb to top of Dreghorn Red Road – descend half of Cox’s – turn right and traverse/descend JZ (could be overgrown right enough…) – right at the bottom of JZ towards Swanston Golf Course – take cheeky descent to Dreghorn junction – descend through town either using Dreghorn singletrack or Mortonhall singletrack.

So you could climb up from Flotterstone to meet us at the Allermuir/Red Road junction? that way you’ll get some decent descending and then could ride back from Swanston area? All being well we might be there for 7:45pm (ISH!!)

edit: emailed you my mobile number

bigjim

Oh aye so you’ve gone from no puke to kirkgate and half puke? 😈 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘STW After-work Pentlands ride Wednesday 24th?’ is closed to new replies.