Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • STW Advice – Dialled Alpine MK3 or Stanton Slackline 631
  • andiskin
    Free Member

I’m always ranting on about it, but I think chain stay length makes a massive difference. If you want something long and stable go for the Alpine. But if you want something chuck-able I’d say you’ll really regret not going for the Slackline.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ssssssh I want chuckable too! Damn and the Slackline would cost me £100 less.

Mike will kill me if I cancel my pre order lol.

trickydisco
    Free Member

. But if you want something chuck-able I’d say you’ll really regret not going for the Slackline.

totally agree with this. I had ridden a blue pig and a 456 and then demo’d a slackline as they’re local to me..

looking for some lyriks on mine as i hate the talas

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The only thing I’m worried about is standover. I’m 5ft7 and the Slackline is a 16.5. The Alpine is a 16 but has a lower top tube.

The positive is either way they are both awesome and I’m sure I’ll love whichever I go for.

mattjg
    Free Member

man speaks truth about chainstay length, I have a short CS 29er it makes a huge difference

(am never sure why people get stressed about a bit of standover variation)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s more the fact I’m short and I don’t want to bash my bits.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Slackline and Alpine are both on my list of bike to try but if had the money:

New BTR Ranger Enduro hardtail – hand-built in Britain

catvet
    Free Member

I think the Alpine has slightly better angles than either the bfe or the Slackline for climbing, when used with a 140 fork, and therefore probably makes it a better all round bike.
    sagged 25% with 140 fork (from manu web sites)
    alpine 68 74
    bfe 68.4 71.4
    slackline 68 72

honourablegeorge

Is there a geometry chart for the Slackline anywhere? There’s a table of measurements, but tricky to know which TT measurement corresponds to the Cotic ones.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah for both the Alpine and Stanton I cans find a proper chart. I can’t find headtube lengths for my forks etc.

bobbyspangles

the shorter chainstays, longish top tube and slack head angle make the slackline such a great ride.
    I am a shortarse too, and came from a “14 dmr frame to a 16 slackline but it is not an issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘STW Advice – Dialled Alpine MK3 or Stanton Slackline 631’ is closed to new replies.