Viewing 40 posts - 3,601 through 3,640 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Clancy is shit. I particularly enjoyed Matevasi not being tackled without the ball as he didnt get close enough to the ball. No wonder he didnt as three defenders were tackling him, but he still managed to knock it on!

anagallis_arvensis

Also Davies reminding him he couldnt kick for goal as he was a concussion replacement.

wrecker
    Free Member

Enjoying this….SUFTUM!!!!!

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Clancy is shit. I particularly enjoyed Matevasi not being tackled without the ball as he didnt get close enough to the ball. No wonder he didnt as three defenders were tackling him, but he still managed to knock it on

Yeah that summed up his confused decision making. I also liked the two penalties against the Os for entering the ruck from the side. Not a thing was said when a Glasgow player flew through a ruck at ninety degrees while Clancy was watching. Or in reverse, Glasgow being awarded a reversed scrum after walking an O’s round by ninety degrees, then being penalised for doing exactly the same 30minutes later. He’s a total moron.

surfer
    Free Member

Exciting game.Sad to see some of the departures. As well as Cueto I think Hines is a big loss but we were lucky to get half a season and Cliff leaving leaves a hole. Mark Jones is a superb player but I think we have one or two who can step up. Wish Will Cliff luck at the end he seemed overcome by the adulation 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That was a nice touch from Brady to slow up & put Cueto in, and a very sporting gesture from the Newcastle players not to tackle Cueto once he was inside the in goal area.

That strip is damn bright though!

surfer
    Free Member

Newcastle players not to tackle Cueto once he was inside the in goal area.

Surfer junior and I noted that. He could have easily been pushed over the line. I cant understand why they didnt just take him out of play.

anagallis_arvensis

Gavin Henson’s Bristol into playoff then!

wrecker
    Free Member

Squeaky bum time again. Bristol played very badly today. They can manage a game and squeeze out a win, but the defence is shockingly bad. Maule gets skinned routinely and often rushes out of the line. Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t get promoted again. We need a defence coach ASAP.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, watched it, not very impressive to be honest, though the real squeaky bum time was going so far behind at home in the first leg after going down to 14 men. As ordinary as they looked today, they didn’t really look in danger apart from a few minutes after the intercept try by Rotherham.

My money would be on Wuss over two legs though. Will depend a lot on who’s injured for the week of the two games.

surfer
    Free Member

Gavin Henson’s Bristol into playoff then!

They are in shit street with the wage bill if they dont come up! As well as the orange one they have ex Sale players Will Cliff and Mark Jones.

anagallis_arvensis

wrecker
    Free Member

They are in shit street with the wage bill if they dont come up!

I don’t think so!

Have a google for who owns Bristol Rugby. Makes Craig, Wray et al look like paupers! 😀

Th finals are a funny one. We beat wuss in both league games this season, they weren’t the toughest games by far and Wuss have a lot of injuries. However, if we play like we did today then I’d be very surprised if we did win.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tuilagi will not be selected for the RWC after pleading guilty to assaulting a police officer. What a knob.

Stoner
    Free Member

tickets bought for the boy and I for the second leg at sixways, wrecker. Can’t wait 🙂

Oi, darcy, hope youve got those tickets sorted for the first leg!

Kryton57

Tuilagi will not be selected for the RWC after pleading guilty to assaulting a police officer. What a knob.

Idiot. A shoe in for an international place and he throws it away.

Pigface
    Free Member

Scott Gibbs robbed a taxi and he came back ok, hope the same can’t be said of Tuilagi 😉 Why did he assault a constable?

If Bristol dont make it this year then they should give up, London Welsh and London Scottish might go to the Guiness as the Italians have got no money.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Why did he assault a constable?

Who knows? Or cares?

He’s proven in the past that he’s a d***head – Manu Overboard anyone? – but he managed to contain his d***headedness until AFTER the previous RWC.

Ah well, that’s the end of that then.

Now SL has to ponder the fact that his main answer to the midfield conundrum is gone.

wrecker
    Free Member

If Bristol dont make it this year then they should give up,

Following the roth game, I’m not brimming with confidence.

London Welsh and London Scottish might go to the Guiness as the Italians have got no money

to pay for the pleasure of a place in that league which is pretty poor TBH.
    On the exiles thing, I’m sure that as the union for rugby within england, the RFU have to approve any cross border competitions so they probably could put the cosh on that if they wanted to to.

Pigface
    Free Member

I would say the Guinness is a lot better than the Championship 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

I would say the Guinness is a lot better than the Championship

I never said it wasn’t! I still wouldn’t pay to be in the thing though.

anagallis_arvensis

Welsh and Scottish are likely to be ring fenced out of the aviva though atent they? The italians dont have much other choice though do they. Its Pro12 or playing with yourself…. I know which I’d choose 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Appatently the two police officers were women.

ekul
    Free Member

Apparently he grabbed a taxi driver by the throat, kicked the wing mirror off the taxi (not something that would help a persistent groin injury I wouldn’t have thought) and then pushed the two attending officers, both women, in the chest. But given this is tuilagi, his push in the chest probably sent them flying. This is all hearsay though but I fully support lancasters action to drop him if that is the case. Idiot.

anagallis_arvensis

Anyone think its a bit odd to say I wont pick him until January?
    Shame though as he is a very good player. Joeseph gets broken and its back to Barrett and Burrel.
    Looking forward to the World Cup. Wonder how Samsons achillies is. Wales screwed without him. Our current tighthead has been dropped by the ospreys!

Nicky Smith
    Ken Owens
    Samson Lee

would be a good front row.

Pigface
    Free Member

God I hate Northampton scum bags, putting out there under 12’s today meant Exeter had no chance of getting to final four.

anagallis_arvensis

Shame Ospreys didnt get a home play off semi. Blown chance.

wrecker
    Free Member

God I hate Northampton scum bags, putting out there under 12’s today meant Exeter had no chance of getting to final four.

With the play offs looming, I’d have done exactly the same thing.

Stoner
    Free Member

dammit! If only there’d been, yerknow, some other opportunity over the season to get into the top 4! grrrr 😉

duckman

Wedgies dished out a pasting in front of 10,000 sell out.

Scamper
    Free Member

In much the same way with possibly 2 play offs coming Glaws put out the Accadamy against Barth.

tinybits
    Free Member

I’m quite happy about it. Went to Bath yesterday and it was a damn good show for the neutral, then came back to watch the recorded Leicester game. Very happy with both results!

anagallis_arvensis

I wonder if Glasgow will do as well when not playing the Ulster under 12’s in a few weeks?

tiggs121
    Free Member

Ulster being smart – they obviously fancy beating Glasgow more than Munster or the Ospreys.

As for Northampton playing the reserve team – legitimate but distasteful when it affects other teams in a negative way. Surprise they did it as Leicester may pose a bigger threat on the play offs than Exeter would?

Stoner
    Free Member

Saints lost to Exeter both games this season. They only lost to Tigers once in the premiership.

anagallis_arvensis

So ulster doing it is smart but northampton distasteful?

tiggs121
    Free Member

So ulster doing it is smart but northampton distasteful?

Aye – because Ulster resting players didn’t affect the chances of another team progressing at the expense of the team they were playing.

anagallis_arvensis

I think the ospreys away game against Munster rather than a home tie suggests otherwise.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Did the Ospreys not just need one more try to secure a home tie?

Northampton effective decided who would qualify – Ulster merely determined where games would be played – not who would be playing them.

All 4 semi finals are hard to call IMHO

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s a tough trip for Ospreys, but they have a game to beat Munster at Thomond (IMO) – lots of Osprey fans on twitter already seem to have decided their season is over…far from it. it’ll be a cracking tie I reckon (and hope).

Viewing 40 posts - 3,601 through 3,640 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.