Viewing 40 posts - 3,561 through 3,600 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • Pigface
    Free Member

AA you little scamp stop trying to wind them up 😆 it is worrying though.

Last night I dreamt Gareth Edwards died 🙁 god knows why, I wish the legend a long and fulfilling life 😀

dbcooper
    Free Member

Husband says “The comments were not about North, they were about you noodle brain.”

anagallis_arvensis

What is your husband talking about? I didnt notice all those column inches about me.

wrecker
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32427471
    Shame, a devastating player capable of turning a game. Still, he’s 34 so he got a fair crack of the whip.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes agree Wrecker, a class player.

anagallis_arvensis

Shame about Byrne he was right up with the best 15’s inbthe world for a while. If 1/2p was 1/2 as good at hitting the line at pace and picking angles of running he’d be the best in the world.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ulster v Leinster cracking game so far

Pigface
    Free Member

Going to see Gloucester tomorrow 😀

ekul
    Free Member

MotM for Burgess tonight, topped off with a try from the back of a driving maul! Looked far more comfortable as a 6 and Bath used him as a dummy runner very effectively, taking 2 defenders out the game every time.

IdleJon

BlindMelon – Member
    Ulster v Leinster cracking game so far

If you’re an Ulster fan. It was one sided, with Leinster being unable to catch a pass, develop an attack or indeed do anything to threaten Ulster. Not the greatest match for the neutral.

I guess it was a good match if you posted in the first 15 minutes or so.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yes Jon I posted at the start before the heavens opened. Still the best performance all year from Ulster.

anagallis_arvensis

Going to see Gloucester tomorrow

Whats the story with that ineligible player? Good job Welsh have been so poor or they could have been in serious trouble.

IdleJon

BlindMelon – Member

Yes Jon I posted at the start before the heavens opened. Still the best performance all year from Ulster.

😆 It really did have the potential to be an entertaining match, didn’t it. And then…….rain, Ulster dominance and Leinster knock-ons.

I couldn’t decide who I wanted to win – a win for either team affects the Ospreys.

Scamper
    Free Member

Had an offer of a corporate box at Glaws this weekend. Gutted, as the Wife hd already booked a girls weekend away.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys dire so far. Not even sure if captain Sam is even playing for the Blues!

anagallis_arvensis

Oh he is playing. Just kicked Bigger in the head

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wrecker will be pleased. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh he is darcy. Good game of rugby and a good win for bris, who rested 10 first choice players for the game.
    That’s wuss beaten home and away and a top place finish for us!
    Nicky Robinson had one of his good days today 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

I was chatting to a young female wuss supporter, and Mr Henson walked past. She nearly had a breakdown!
    It’s a good job I’m not that good looking, I’d be in a lot of trouble………

Pigface
    Free Member

Weird game at Gloucester, how they won that I will never know but they did. Twelve trees was shocking but scored two tries.

Weird weird weird

anagallis_arvensis

was chatting to a young female wuss supporter, and Mr Henson walked past. She nearly had a breakdown!

That was me!!!! 😉

Actually I was thinking of going but didnt and not just because St. Gav wasnt playing.

Stoner
    Free Member

In the North stand at Sixways with junior and having some good banter with some brizzle lads behind us. They pointed along the row when asked where the 1stXV team were. Tried to explain to Jr who the pretty one was 😉

Not a bad game given it was a reserves match. Bring on the play off finals I say. And Bristol can spend another year practicing in the championship…

wrecker
    Free Member

But Mr stoner, it was only a reserves match from the bristol side. I was informed that it was pretty much Worcestershire first XV! Henso, maule etc would haven orin that game to pieces!
    Counts for nothing though. Winning the league is nice but will count for nada. The play offs are the only thing that matters. I look forward to another visit in the finals. Give me a shout if you’re going a_a and I’ll buy you a few beers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Clermont fans are here in numbers and have to fancy them on form by Toulon know how to get the job done. Hoping for an excellent game. Plenty of Leinster, Munster, Saracens and Leicester shirts too.

Scamper
    Free Member

Stadium looks half full. Should have played last nights final there instead lol

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I’d say 2/3rds full at most, almost all top tier empty except East upper. Sold my mates unused tickets for 60% of face.

Anyone else notice they fired off Clermont colours for the presentation ceremony – oops

Toulon just too good, Clermont gave it a good go but their early pressure yielded too little, Mitchell’s try was quite special but a defensive coaches nightmare. Abendenon was nearly a hero getting his side back to within a point

IdleJon

Who goes to a cup final involving two French teams and sings Swing Low? 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

Roberts to Quims confirmed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Who goes to a cup final involving two French teams and sings Swing Low?

Agreed ridiculous and sung whilst a Welshman was taking a kick at goal ! Personally I was hoping to sing the Marseilles, seemed a unique opportunity to do so at Twickenham. I had to restrict myself to the lyrically challenging “Allez allez, allez allez, allez allez les Toulonaise”

@aa BBC reporting the move must be approved by Racing as he’s under contract till June 2016, might not be a formality ?

anagallis_arvensis

Adam Jones “brother” retires. Was a real Wales and Ospreys great. Good luck to him.

Pigface
    Free Member

The end of the hair bear era 😆

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was at the Gloucester v Edinburgh game on Friday night – couldn’t argue with the result as the better team won. Seemed a pretty good crowd at that game.

DanW
    Free Member

Roberts to Quims confirmed.

Seems a like a bit of a weird move but I guess the money is good.

In other news, it seems there is a slim chance De Villiers may may the WC. Sounds like his body is gaffa taped together more than Martyn Williams or BOD is! 😯 😆

The 34-year-old said surgeons literally ran out of spare body parts to fix the ligaments in his knees after previous problems.

“I’ve had six knee ops and what they usually do if you’ve got an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) rupture is either take your hamstring or quad tendon and use that as a graft to put into the ligament. In my case, my hamstring tendon was used already, so was my quad tendon,” De Villiers explained.

“The other side’s hamstring tendon was also used as well. The PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) was also off, so they took artificial ligaments and put that in the ACL and PCL.

“I tore my ACL, PCL, MCL (medial collateral ligament), had a Patella dislocation and a hamstring (tear)… but the rest was fine.”

anagallis_arvensis

Ouch!
    I see Moriarty junior takes after his dad!

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Ouch!
    I see Moriarty junior takes after his dad!

Ha, he does doesn’t he! Same build, looks and aggression, it seems. I held the door open for his dad to walk into Starbucks a few months ago. (Next to the Liberty Stadium). I’d swear he just gave me the same glare as he used to when on the pitch. He was a good player after coming back from league.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just calll Colin Jones if you have trouble with a Moriarty 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

On way to AJ Bell for the last him game of the season & Mark Cueto’s last home game before retiring.
    14 seasons at one club, we’ll not see that again I reckon.

anagallis_arvensis

Great win last night for the Ospreys. Cracking try by Webb too.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Anyone watch the Quins – Bath game last night? Ugo Monye is still in sparkling form even though he’s retiring. Another one club player.

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Great win last night for the Ospreys. Cracking try by Webb too.

George Clancy was on his normal sparkling form as well. 🙄 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 3,561 through 3,600 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.