Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Surfer, you at the AJ Bell tomorrow? Going to be a good game v Wasps I think.

anagallis_arvensis

SA beat NZ
    Arg beat Aus

Wow

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Here in the sunshine at the AJ Bell stadium, not many Wasps fans around so far, wanted to ask what the feeling is about the move to Coventry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddydwarf
    Free Member

12-7 to Sale at half time. Sale looking more dangerous with ball in hand but Cips is having a bad day with the boot, must be 15 points gone missing in the first half.

dpfr

Turned out OK this afternoon then, Muddy, but I was pleased we had our usual dose of squeaky bum time. It would be so dull if we just won comfortably week after week…..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Wasps looked clueless in the backs, either that or Sale had them worked out & nullified every attack.
    Sale’s lineout was awful & the scrum was v.poor again – a better team than Wasps would have have scored from those attacking lineouts.
    Good defence from Sale and they are going to need it next week against Saints.

dpfr

I thought both sides looked like the mid table ones they are.

I chatted today to someone who went to Sarries last week- we’re a fair way below their standard.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale will be lucky to scrape 6th again.

surfer
    Free Member

Scrum looked really poor yesterday. Fortunately Haskell and Launchberry were out. That would have made the difference I think although we are missing players of our own.
    I had to walk to the far corner of the North stand just before half time and saw the Wasps fumble that Cusiter capitalised on up close. Saw it was a try straight away 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wasps are going to Coventry ? Seems a bit risky in terms of the support.

link

tinybits
    Free Member

I dunno, I think they may tap into the Tigers fair weather supporters after this season!

Tait also out of the tigers squad for a fair few weeks, I think that’s 20 crocked…! I believe Tait was mullared by one of his own players arriving hard to clear out a ruck. Bring back proper rucking, more blood less smashing and muscular / skeletal injuries.

Scamper
    Free Member

Tait was certainly down for a while and did not look great when he eventually went off.

Tigers will be back – was it last season or the one before they lost their first 4 or something? Having said that they really do look awful.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OxN1WI-bDXA[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa 🙂 I don’t know if its a mind/eye trick but he really is looking quite orange

Billy was backing off / just tracking him

BTW thanks for the scrum compilation

anagallis_arvensis

Billy was backing off / just tracking him

Any forward of polynesian origin backing off from a tackle on the orange dancer wants shooting.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Exclusive photo of the away crowd at the next “London” Wasps v Harlequins game in Coventry….

So, NotNots/Reading Samoans/”London” Irish in Reading, “London” Welsh in Oxford, and from what I hear, “London” Scottish are trying to squeeze in to the Pro12!

Here’s a real London club!

anagallis_arvensis

Billy backing off

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fair cop guv

anagallis_arvensis

Just watching munster scarlets. Christ munster are a team only their mother could love. Think that gimp Mahony is going to lamp the ref soon.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it just me or is the ref in that game having a bit of a mare a_a?!

anagallis_arvensis

Rookie italian ref in Munster was always going to be the case. Seemed to give up reffing munster in the second half.
    Whisper it but I wonder if 1/2p will make the wales team for autumn internationals, the braindead angry man at 15 for Scarlets is playing so well this season.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Tigers finally find some form on a wet night at Welford Rd. Not a great game but Tigers managed to shut quins out for 70 minutes.

ads678

Hopefully thats Tigers season back on track. Not sure whether Ulster next week is to early thought, could have done with an Italian team first really!

Please with tonights game though. Not pretty but a win is a win.

tinybits
    Free Member

Agree with that ads. What a differance Ayzerca (sp) made. Another couple of players back, youngs, mulipola, Cole, 2nd row and maybe 5 or 6 backs and I reckon they’ll be competing well!

Oh, and living scully. He’s like a backs Lewis moody. Running around like a loon!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Horrible feeling Sale will get butt-**** by Saints tomorrow, Saints are the Prem Champs for a reason!

Pigface
    Free Member

Oooops

[video]http://youtu.be/MtXNSGZfuRM[/video]

Coyote
    Free Member

Are we allowed to discuss the “other” code on this thread? Could be a cracking game this afternoon.

anagallis_arvensis

Who is playing?

Coyote
    Free Member

Wigan and St Helens.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was right :/

Pigface
    Free Member

No lube no reach round for Sale

Tom-B
    Free Member

I fell asleep at half time, woke up around 70 mins and we’d conceded another 3 tries 😯

Anyway, on the subject of Sale, what options do I have for getting to the ground from Piccadily?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We go via Victoria, get on the Liverpool train & get off at Patricroft then walk up via Liverpool Rd.
    Tram to Eccles from Piccadilly is also doable.

Jamie
    Free Member

Are we allowed to discuss the “other” code on this thread? Could be a cracking game this afternoon.

interesting start…

Oooof!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrPBnxacK2Q[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

What a ****

anagallis_arvensis

Crikey what rattled his chain?

ads678

WTF! He needs a biiiiig ban for that. 😯

tinybits
    Free Member

Crikey! The first punch I can understand, but the one in the floor?!?!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Worse than Hore or Clark.

Nasty, nasty stuff. Not what run and wriggle needs to see to promote it as a sport outside of the already very, very narrow market it has.

Pigface
    Free Member

On a par with Hoare but Clark is simply unforgivable

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.