Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • stuudent champs this weekend….
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

who's off then?

this'll be my last one 🙁 i'll be pootling along in sport XC, **** putting in any proper effort after a night on the tins…

hopefully it'll be bantertastic.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I'm feverishly putting together my presentation in the hope that I might be able to get down there for a bit at as a cheerleader at least…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

get it done…

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Exam thursday, heading down straight after that. Get my shred on, then back to uni and I've got my honours presentation…

It's been said before, but BUSA (not BUCS, ignorant youngsters…) should really be in the first semester.

HansRey

can't make it due to money needed to for placement starting in a few weeks. Bloody annoying seen as i spent a lot building up a DH bike for BUCS! It's BUCS old man! Enjoy the midges 😀

Me
    Free Member

Dissertation due Friday but yeah bring it!

I'll be singlespeeding in sport by the looks of things but I've spent a bit on props for the Durham shouting squad, if you see us do a wheelie!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

BUSA is the proper name, all these young kids coming in and spoiling the party… bah.

ditto with the dissertation (although not on the same date) – pretty much my only planned excursion this semester – BUSA mtb in the 1st semester would be sooo much better (i may then have had some of the old summer fitness left too – i'm still in the post xmas chubby season…)

SS in sport, its the way forward… now do i go rigid or not??

st andrews FTW BTW…

njee20
    Free Member

Aah, I miss it!

I only made it to 2: Dunkeld 2007 which was an epic atmosphere and a terrible race, and Cwmcarn 2008 which was a crap atmosphere and an awesome race!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/367 🙁

Looks like its gonna be a cwmcarn-style rainfest.

Oh and dunkeld was the shizz, take that back!

njee20
    Free Member

No, worst course I've ever raced on! The downhill course was the most rideable bit of it.

Then again, you actually used the word 'shizz' so anything you say is wrong.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

same ones as i've done nick. climb of dunkeld was shite, 1st half of descent was rubbish for racing on, DH track was awesome. we were only an hour away, so we slept at home that year…
    cwm carn was a washout, unti XC day, good course, although i lost shed loads of places on the climb when my rear wheel slipped and i cracked my nuts on the stem… was top 20 at that point (in sport), lost about 30 places as i had to recover, and then try and find a space in the long queue up the climb. managed to maintain my position for the most part despite being on rigid. banter at cwm was pretty shite imo.

hopefully a bit better this year, think i'm going on the sat morning to avoid a wet night on friday, and so i can get a bit more work done…

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

The xc course at dunkeld was built specifically to piss off roadies and whingey xc jeyboys. Looks like it worked a treat! 🙂

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Consider my double-post cherry popped.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

certainly enjoyed the top half, but i was, at the time, trying to do well, and it certainly wasn't a section where it was possible to overtake easily.
    i didn't enjoy is so much as i was stuck behind a load of punters who could cycle up a hill, but not down it…
    the weekend before when we went up to practice was a good laugh, remember some tight trails with some drops to the side, and one round a shoulder height rock? was good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘stuudent champs this weekend….’ is closed to new replies.