Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Stupidest injury of the weekend….
  • MoreCashThanDash

I put my back out putting on bib shorts yesterday morning……..collapsed in a heap next to the bed unable to move, wife thought I’d had a heart attack.

36 hours later, my pelvis is still locked in a slightly camp, right hip forward rictus. Suspect I’ll be phoning the physio at 8am tomorrow……

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ah yes…, a Lycra induced injury…terrible,terrible things.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Nasty stuff that Lycra 😀

br
    Free Member

Better that than losing the front at +20mph coming down into Yair bridge this afternoon.

I can’t have broken my collarbone or shoulder etc, but it bloody hurts…

bigG
    Free Member

, my pelvis is still locked in a slightly camp

Ooh get you Jessie, that’s got nothing to do with a sore back. That’s a severe case of the Frankie Howards!

mrelectric

Sympathies!
    I did a nine mile ride up Littondale and was fine after and day after. Then I took the my usual middle-aged joint supplements (glucosasime, devil’s claw…).

Just gagged as the (big) pills went down and a lower back tendon clicked out again…fully seized up in an hour or so.

So I couldn’t walk or bike because of a COUGHING injury…

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m with b r…. similar downhill at speed with ruts and front wheel. happened in the first mile of my ride too. So decided that the ride must go on, which I did, manfully, obviously.

Like you chap, not broken, but big lump on the top of the shoulder, currently packed with ice and much wincing.

Now wondering how I’m going to heave around a load of oak tomorrow…

jruk
    Free Member

I fell over putting the bins out and broke my nose.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

hahahaha

imnotamused
    Free Member

Forgot to take the lockout off my forks and went otb yesterday at 1 mph on a rock raised a finger’s height from the ground. Shoulder and arm ache. Stupid

tomhoward

I was riding at walking pace, adjusting my light, (admittedly not really concentrating on my direction of travel) rode over a grate which sent me over the bars, into this, which was straight….

Oops… by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

I can’t move my right wrist or thumb without pain. A&e tomorrow methinks.

globalti
    Free Member

I split half a ton of silver birch and stacked it.

This morning I’ve woken up with a cold.

bigrich

I rode into a bush and scratched my eyeball.

2hottie
    Free Member

Crashed at low speed whilst traversing a 45degree slope, fell through a hawthorn bush. A couple of scratches and a thorn through my gloves and stuck under my finger nail. Stung a bit that did.

tommyhine

We had some comical crashes yesterday at Cannock, Firstly one guy went down after a rocky chute onto the fireroad straight over the bars into a deep puddle. Brilliant comedy. the next one was standard otb affair. Then just getting back to the car park another guy showing off on his new bike over cooked a manual straight into loop out and a sore bum, shoulder and wrist. good times

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I too, have put my back out.
    Getting out of my van……

bigyinn
    Free Member

I drank too much Abbot Reserve last night and now my head hurts!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Haha. Good stuff guys. This is making me feel better about my stupid otb faceplant last week, when my freehub gave way whilst stomping up a slight incline back from work on my SS. Proper swollen face black eye big scabby head etc. perfect for customer service 🙂

Sandwich

mrelectric you are Alan Hinkes and I claim my £10.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I got a paper cut across my knuckles from a shopping bag.

Chicks dig scars 😈

somafunk

I stupidly picked up a basket when i did my shopping yesterday and overfilled it to the point that i now have a sore arm today, i should’ve used a trolley.

honourablegeorge

mrelectric – Member
    Sympathies!
    I did a nine mile ride up Littondale and was fine after and day after. Then I took the my usual middle-aged joint supplements (glucosasime, devil’s claw…).

Can I ask – what kind of Glucosamine do you take? I took it once, and was sidelined for a full day, because I needed to be within five yards of a toilet at all times, everything was shooting through me.

Nick

Went out for a little local ride, nothing interesting, back felt sore half way around, went home, more pain, hot bath, pain killers, more pain.

Four hours of calls with Shropdoc and wife evenentually goes out and picks up some Co-Codamol and Diazepam.

Absolutely pissed off, was supposed to be flying to Amsterdam today for work, for which I have put in weeks of prep and was really looking forwards to.

Northwind

Decided not to ride on saturday because of the weather. Went out to the garage instead. Carefully descended icy steps, took one step onto lawn, slipped and fell on bum- ripped up my hand and took a chunk out of my ear 😆 Walking is dangerous!

mrelectric

Hon George,
    Its the ZipVit Glucosamine Sulphate 500mg with Chondroitin 400mg. I never had your problem with it (though calcium supplements were disastrous). I tried these on & off to confirm it makes still makes a difference – I’m well aware of the placebo effect. Devil’s & Cat’s Claw seems to help a lot too.

http://www.zipvit.co.uk/cgi-bin/popupprod3a1.pl?cartnumber=9743z&currency=&vouchercode=&prodcode=A30u

honourablegeorge

Thanks – it was another brand, but it was glucosamine sulphate powder all right.

meehaja
    Free Member

I put my back out doing up my boots at work once, they found me on the floor of the locker room 10 mins after my shift had started, at least we have access to lots of gas and air! Six weeks later I gave my self whiplash towel drying my hair. (I stated physio after that!).

stupidest one ever though, I shut my ear in a car door once, enough to make it bleed lots. To this day I still can’t work out how i did it, but my god it hurt!

benjii19
    Free Member

An over egged wheelie whilst clipped in at bridge end car park, ladybower ….before we’d even started riding. Cue serious winding from landing on my back and a very painful rest of the day/weekend. Still sore now!

Scapegoat

shutting you ear in a car door is the winner for me so far. Visual imagined comedy at its best.

nealglover
    Free Member

I rode into a bush and scratched my eyeball.

I rode into an eyeball and scratched my bush.

soundninjauk

I went for an extremely muddy ride on Saturday, with weather ranging from sunshine to blasting cold winds and rain/hail. Woke up with a case of the man-flu on Sunday morning 🙁

johnellison
    Free Member

Watched the Wigan v Newcastle game in the pub yesterday. Strangely my right knee is aching like a bitch following McManaman’s disgraceful tackle on Haidara… 😯

oldnick

I pulled a muscle in my back reaching for a piece of paper once, and a couple of years ago I broke my ankle stepping out of my front door.

However I have never shut my ear in a door 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Am I the only one wondering how you get your ear trapped in a car door? Is he an elephant? Is it something I might try and recreate after a few too many beers on Friday night?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Stupidest injury of the weekend….’ is closed to new replies.