Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stupid tiny broken plastic part help needed, please.
  • buck53

Morning all,

I have somehow managed to snap the stopper/security plate on my cranks. Doubtless an installation error, but it went mid-commute this morning on a filthy path so I haven’t been able to look too closely.

My crankset is a Deore FC-M590 9 speed triple (I know, old school right?) but all I seem to be able to find as a spare online is a plate marked for the LX FC-M580. (here) I’m guessing this is a case of the part being the same/interchangable but wondered if anyone can confirm either way?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ask them – if you get it, and its wrong at least you can return it without fuss.

buck53

Heh, think I’d take that one on the chin considering the cost.

More bothered about the time out of action and thought someone might be able to say definitively either way.

therevokid
    Free Member

can you find the part number on this .. http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/FC/EV-FC-M590-2926B_v1_m56577569830696742.pdf ?

‘cos if it’s no.4 – I’ve got one spare 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Your chainset, along with many others, use the same stopper plate, part number 1FU 9812. It is just that they first appeared on M580 LX chainsets and that description has never been updated.

buck53

Thanks both, much appreciated.

@therevokid It is indeed that part, if you fancied bunging it my way I’d be very appreciative!

therevokid
    Free Member

let me have an address I’ll get it in the post … email in
    profile.

jackal
    Free Member

You don’t actually ‘need’ that part if your referring to item 4 in the diagram above…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stupid tiny broken plastic part help needed, please.’ is closed to new replies.