Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Stupid things you've done in anger..
  • toys19
    Free Member

Aside from some really dumb stuff I did when I was young and dumb, last night I pulled a blinder.

I discovered that my insurance company (Ibuyeco -BISL call centres in South Africa) had renewed my insurance on continuous renewal/recurring payments thing. Now for some reason this really boils my piss, esp when I phoned them last month to say no thanks. They have now charged me 38 quid cancellation fee, and to top it all I have spent two hours today looking for a better quote, they are 20 odd cheaper than everyone else, and worse I cannot find a single insurance company within 50% of their price who does not do continuous renewal automatically. GRRRRRRRRR
    I know shouldawoudlacoulda, but I didnt ok. Dumb **** that I am. So don’t waste your breath.

So what stupid things make you angry and have made you do something even stupider..

RichPenny
    Free Member

Normally computers. Ripped a laptop in half once. That’s £1500 I’m never getting back 😀

fadda

Might I suggest that, since price seems important to you and they were the cheapest…
    🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

*whoosh*

I think that’s his point fadda

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I broke a favourite chair throwing it across the room. took me hours to repair it.

I have kicked my own motorcycle. That hurt

ton

too many to list………. 😳

fadda

Thanks cynic-al.

So, stupid things I have done… 😳

intode_void
    Free Member

Something which would get me imprisoned if I owned up to it!

jam-bo

I nearly threw a printer across the room that had been refusing to print no matter what I did.

As I lifted it above my head to throw it, a penny coin dropped out of the paper feed. I put it back down, plugged it in, it printed first time….

oldgit
    Free Member

Threw my bike at a tree the kicked my crash helmet into orbit. Bent the frame and split the expensive MET in two 😳

See what happens when the chemist isn’t open.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Some time around 95 I bought a new bass, an early 70’s gibson eb3. Second gig in southampton I threw it on the floor after someone yelled, “play some punk”. I had drank a lot of cheap dodgy lager. I saw I had broken the wood where the input goes in. Next day we had a gig in leeds, I got it out of the case to look at the input, then I noticed the huge crack in the neck. Got it repaired but must have knocked hundreds of pounds off it’s value. Bought a new bass and now I don’t have to think about it every day.

saleem
    Free Member

Not going to list mine but my fav to have seen was my mum chasing her ex husband down the road with a spade because he’d been on the piss, she couldn,t catch him so she smashed up his car, just stood pissing myself with laughter at the comedy of it all, I was only living with them for a month but I’ll never forget it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Something very stupid which ended up in court. It felt great though.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Not long ago I was pushing my son in his pram (he was 6 months old) and as I was crossing on a zebra crossing and a woman in a brand new Mini almost knocked us down. She came to a screeching halt and as I looked in horror at her through the windscreen, guess what, she was on her mobile!

Made my blood boil. I screamed at her and she got out of the car to take up the argument. Somehow being on the phone to her daughter to tell her she was going to be late home made it OK in her mind.

Obviously she wasn’t going to pick a fight with a 100kg gorilla like me, so she got back into her car and as she drove off, guess what, yep still talking on her phone. As the car drove past me I gave it a right good boot in the side pannel.

Needless to say she stammped on the brakes and got out even more incensed and very aggressive, f’in and blinding. At that point, a guy behind got out of his car and put himself between her and me and my son and said ‘I’m a police officer!’

Fortunately she was so aggressive she ended up technically assulting him so whether he saw me kick the car or not didn’t really seem to make a difference. He arrested her.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Beat the utter crap out of an old Cortina because it woudn’t start!

And I mean really beat the crap out of it!!!

You remember the old game Street Fighter where in between levels you get to beat up a car – well it was like that but much better. lol.

Me and a mate were trying to get it going and I just lost the rag with it. I let fly and started beating and ripping everything to shreds! My mate joined in too as he realised I had done so much damage it was never. ever going to go and it looked like fun. My favourite bit was bending the drivers door completely the opposite way, and then deciding that I was going to rip it off with my bare hands lol. I did eventually do it but it took ages!

Not a straight bit left on it by the time we were done, it looked like it had been dropped from 10,000 feet!

lol, I still laugh now when I think about it.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Punched a hole through a (not very strong) wall
    Smashed stuff
    Fought six people – ended up in Hospital
    Kicked my bike a few times
    My current laptop has survived some angry abuse so far!
    Kicked my car in.
    Punched the window of the same car and nearly broke my hand.

And many others things…

toys19
    Free Member

Some good ones here I have to say geetee’s is good despite him not reaping the reward of his mistake, good tale anyway.

I find it can be cathartic even if it is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Put my fist through the clocking in machine in a rage. Que of workers behind me loved it as they got to finish work early and through my mobile straight through the plaster board wall in the office. Oops not mention knocking my best mates (at the time) front teeth out in a jealous rage. Punched a passing car once just because it was in my way and going to slowly not to mention numerous court appearances for rolling around in pubs. Ah the good old days. No no that’s bad and I will never do it again your honour.

yunki
    Free Member

there isn’t enough room on the internet…

My best ones have landed me variously in hospital.. incarcerated.. homeless..
    devoid of…. absolutely anything other than my human form..

Lesser ones have resulted in waking up 100’s of miles from home with nothing in my pockets and no way back.. tattooed.. (yeeeah.. that’ll teach ’em!..)

I used to be a very sillybilly.. good adventures though

Zedsdead
    Free Member

haha! Just remembered another vehicle realted one.

Same mate had one of these

We were about 15 at the time, it had broken down on him so were in his back garden trying to fix it. He was playing around with the carb and broke the needle. Then came the RAGE!!!

lol we kicked the crap out of it and then decided it woudl be alaugh to cut it in half so we got out the hack saws and cut it right in half between the seat and tank and all the way down!
    Then we kicked the crap out of it some more!

In the end we chucked in his dads trailer and pushed it down to the village skips. My mate remembered the tank had fuel in it so he laid it on the ground took off the petrol cap and chucked a lit match in it!

Man! It was like a giant firework!

Nutters!

molgrips
    Free Member

Zedsded = Basil Fawlty.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

lol @ molgrips. We were young and very silly.

I wouldn’t dream of damaging any of our vehicles like that now. We learned how to fix and maintain things properly.

sharki
    Free Member

I punched a picture of ‘winnie the pooh’ which was mounted on the stair bulkhead(solid wood) broke, two knuckles and lacerated my hand.

It was winnie or the ex, **** me did she know how to press the rage button.

Many phones were drop kicked during that marriage.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A friedn’s wife is Phantom navigator. Broke his foot kicking his washng machine, £60K+ in operations (pad by RAF) to keep him fit enough to fly…

instanthit
    Free Member

Anger management anyone….?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I got slagged off a few months ago for having smashed a little IKEA table to bits when I was angry, and now I read all this!

Makes me so annoyed, I’m glad we replaced that table – see you all in about 10mins

DezB
    Free Member

[resurrects old thread]
    Everytime I go in my garage a hole in the brick wall reminds me of an angry moment… bike related.
    Fitted a nice new Dura Ace (threaded) headset to my roadbike, go to pull the cheap bastard spanner off and it starts mangling the corners of the headset nut.
    The only flash bit on my bike getting mangled!
    Chuck the spanner on the floor! It lands propped against the wall! Grab a big mallet! Whack the spanner into oblivion!
    Er, which knocks a nice big hole in the wall. Doh. 😳

meehaja
    Free Member

two flat mates in uni had an argument about a cheap ikea table and wether you should be allowed to write on it if you paid for 1/5th of it. argument escalated into a rant about “you might as well just break it and buy a new one” the writer claimed he could not break it as it was solid wood… back and forth it went, but ended up with one of them yelling “****ing cardboard! Look!” whilst throwing bits of table around while the other screamed tat it was solid wood and was hitting the fireplace with a table leg.

Idiots.

Northwind

Broke my hand quite badly while reshaping someone’s nose in Glasgow once. He richly deserved it but my hand’s still screwed.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, this thread’s made me laugh! 😆 Glad it’s not just me then!

Normally computers. Ripped a laptop in half once. That’s £1500 I’m never getting back

Ha ha! Brilliant! threw an early Apple laptop at a wall once. Then smashed it to pieces.

Computer mice and home ‘phones don’t last long in my house. Smashed a smart ‘phone up last year sometime. Can’t remember why.

Punching things: punched through the driver’s side window of a car that had almost knocked me off one. Glass everywhere, shocked occupants who sped off in terror. Not a scratch on me, bizarrely. Din’t feel a thing.

It can be cathartic to release rage even if stuff does get damaged. A ‘phone or a window is replaceable.

I’ve gone too far too often. Put other people in hospital. I’m not a big bloke either. Just really vicious. Ended up in police custody too many times. It’s far too destructive.

I’m getting treatment for my ‘issues’ now. I calm down a lot more quickly, and don’t get so wound up, as I’ve learned to recognise triggers and when to tell myself to snap out of it. Not easy though. One problem I have is I won’t back down if in a very threatening situation, and the psychopath in me takes over. I enjoy hurting people then. Scary.

By the sounds of things, one or two on here might want to think about talking to someone about their rage. Because one day you could go too far, and the consequences could be very, very serious indeed.

DezB
    Free Member

I find growing up helps. I used to have a couple of episodes a week, there were so many punch holes in the walls and doors of our first house!
    Now I just shout at cars when I’m on my road bike for a release!

enfht
    Free Member

Picked a fight with 3 Oxford Blues, big mistake

Elf you still got your telescope and vaseline?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sorry, is that an attempt at an insult enfth?

Get on with yer own life mate, eh? 🙄

Now I just shout at cars when I’m on my road bike for a release!

It’s good to find an effective outlet for your anger, which is as non-destructive as possible. Sports aren’t always the answer actually, as they don’t do a lot to resolve inner conflicts and turmoils.

Some folk can simmer for ages before they pop, some, like me, can snap without warning. Obviously the trick is to find the root cause of the anger, then learning to manage it, but it’s a lot easier said than done, trust me.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Punched a hole in stairwell pannelling.
    Punched a big crack in a door once.
    Threw a hammer across the garden which bounced and went straight through the greenhouse.
    Kicked in a window in filthy rage.
    Kicked in the front wing of my car in my slippers.
    Broken several peoples wingmirrors off whilst riding along and morons force their way through using either fists or feet.
    Threw my first mobile (motorola = sh*t) 30ft in the air after i lost signal during an important call, it clattered down through the trees in the back garden and worked fine (with the aerial at a nice jaunty angle)
    Punched 7 bells of sh*t out of my steering wheel whilst doing 75mph after my sunroof ejected up and back smashing into 1000 pieces in the outside lane.

Im better now……

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

On the bike i punted my rear mech after it ceased working for the third time in the hour so hard it ended up in the wheel, then considered the fact i had two days left of riding on the trip and regretted it.

Off the bike i punched a white van once after the occupant called me a rude name as he was driving past, surprisingly my hand came off better than the van.

badlyoverdrawnboy
    Free Member

this is a tale told by a good friend of mine , hes a big lad sat in his car turned the key it wouldnt start, tried it again not starting hes now mad so punches the steering wheel which in turn sets off the airbag in his face bang ,he states he couldnt breath because of the gases ,his ten year old son sat in the back laughing his head off

jonahtonto
    Free Member

printers get me going !
    took one apart with an axe after throwing it down the stairs once. was really enjoying myself and screaming things like “not so clever now are you” when i looked up to see my lodger’s parents, who had come to see his new home, looking very shocked from the kitchen table !
    i kept the bits though and use them to threaten my new printer.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I love the vision of dropkicking a phone. It’s something I have never done, but it’s now on the to do list. stupidest thing i’ve ever done – me and a few mates greased up a play park when we were around 8 – wanted the slide to be faster.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Broke my big toe kicking the goalposts after I let in a soft goal once.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

printers get me going !
    took one apart with an axe after throwing it down the stairs once. was really enjoying myself and screaming things like “not so clever now are you” when i looked up to see my lodger’s parents, who had come to see his new home, looking very shocked from the kitchen table !
    i kept the bits though and use them to threaten my new printer.

Brilliant! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Stupid things you've done in anger..’ is closed to new replies.