Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Stupid stuff drivers say………………
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘Get off the **** road ya four eyed ****’

By a gamekeeper on The Moresdale Road, Arkengarthdale, Yorks Dales.
    It’s a bridleway.
    I reported him to NY police for a public order offence & they had words with him & I’ll wager he had something to do with the cache of poisons found on that estate to poison raptors.

I think he’s called Richard Cranium.

funkmasterp

“Nice bike dickhead” is the strangest one I’ve had shouted at me from a car window. “nice car **** face” was my response. People are really odd.

finephilly
    Free Member

delete

GrahamS

The point is that VED (“Road Tax”) is paid on the vehicle and not towards maintaining the roads..

But you can understand that confusion given the 2015 budget announcement by George Osborne:

“..I will return this tax to the use for which it was originally intended.
    I am creating a new Roads Fund. From the end of this decade, every single penny raised in vehicle excise duty in England will go into that Fund to pay for the sustained investment our roads so badly need.
    Tax paid on people’s cars will be used to improve the roads they drive on. It is a major reform to improve the infrastructure and productivity of our economy – and deliver a fairer tax system for the motorist.”

http://road.cc/content/news/156795-road-tax-back-chancellor-announces-vehicle-excise-duty-reforms-will-see-money
    http://highwaysmagazine.co.uk/chancellor-announces-new-roads-fund/
    https://www.localgov.co.uk/Budget-2015-Osborne-announces-dedicated-Roads-Fund/39001

So it’s good to get our counter-argument sorted out now as clearly the old “it’s not road tax” one will no longer hold (not that it ever did).

Anyways, to return slightly to the thread topic:

My missus was on the receiving end of the best daft comment. Cycling through Edinburgh, years ago, very much a novice on a bike, somebody shouted at her: “Who do y’think you are? Linford f****** Christie??” 😆

richmtb

“Got your number 118”

Shouted at me by a youth leaning out the passenger window as they went round a roundabout I was waiting to join.

Its weird because i don’t have a moustache or a running vest

boblo
    Free Member

finephilly – Member
    delete

Now that is an odd thing to say… 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Now that is an odd thing to say…

It’s what they all think though 😀

ossify

“Oi, are you in a car?”

Shouted by someone who turned down a side road before I could think of a witty response 🙁

RustySpanner

Only had one negative ‘Get on the cyclepath!?!’ comment in years.

Everyone seems to like a fat bloke on a bike.
    Been cheered up Llanberis pass one summer by an entire family hanging out of a Tatra convertible.
    The odd ironic cheer or ‘Nice arse’ from kids in cars but I can live with that.
    🙂

Wife seems to get a couple of dodgy comments every year, usual stuff.

chum3
    Free Member

Cruising out of town with the club for the Thursday evening chaingang, and got an supposedly ironic “YEAH! WINNING AT LIFE!!!” jibe from a pedestrian. He was an adult and everything…

That was last week, and I still don’t understand what message the comment was conveying. Answers on a post[card] please…

Half of me wishes I’d stopped and asked him now.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Mid-pack no hoper!

Keva
    Free Member

I usually just get, ‘sorry mate I didn’t see you, you were going too fast’ … to which I reply ‘your lack of ability to judge speed & distance doesn’t equate to me going too fast, and btw I was going 15mph’ which usually results in a threat to smack me one! One old bloke who must have been 70 asked me if I wanted a fist! 😯 to which I could only laugh, which made his anger even worse!!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

(While driving myself, Saturday)

Wanna fight?
    And
    You don’t decide for me how I should drive!

Overtook me from directly behind into an equal priority junction, single lane road, as we both turned right.

Dick.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Stupid stuff drivers say………………’ is closed to new replies.