Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stupid SolarStorm charger battery question + bonus Troutie Lumens Liberator ques
  • krixmeister

Hi all – two questions re some lights I have. Before anyone asks re the second question – yes, have already emailed Chris on the second question but haven’t hear back. No probs – I know he’s busy and I reckon the STW group may be able to answer just as easily:

1) I have a SolarStorm x2 bought off DX.com, and a whole box full of chargers that seem to fit the battery – stupidly, I can’t remember which charger went with it. The most likely one is this one, showing an output 12v and 1000ma, and doesn’t seem to have a charging/full light. I’m an electricity retard, but I note the battery is a 15v battery. Does this look like the correct charger for the SolarStorm x2, or if not – if I use it will I die/burn down the house?

2) Due to a plug issue on my Troutie Lumens Liberator light itself, I’m thinking of replacing the existing jack with the lead from another Solar Storm x2 (or cheaper DX light), and then using spare DX batteries. Is this possible – are expected inputs voltages, etc the same?

stevemorg2

My Troutie Lumen Liberator runs off a 15v battery pack – I’m pretty sure the Solarstorm is an 8.4v pack so won’t work with the Troutie

stevied
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the liberator? If it’s just the dc socket it’s pretty easy to do with basic soldering skills..if the connection is broken to the driver it’s a bit more tricky..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stupid SolarStorm charger battery question + bonus Troutie Lumens Liberator ques’ is closed to new replies.