• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dday.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Stupid / silly bike part purchase's
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

I own a dialled alpine …………… I now own one of those kashima rp23’s from CRC, why? 😳

Can anyone recommend me a frame that runs a 190*50 shock

Anyone else bought a part for their bike that they really didn’t need?

bigyinn
    Free Member

You’re changing the frame to fit the shock?? 😯

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

You can return it, you know. Don’t be so daft and get swept into the STW buying frenzy.

wwaswas

I now own one of those kashima rp23’s from CRC, why?

genius 🙂

I’ve built bikes around impulse purchases before.

I think the worst was a whole bike around a chaintug I liked the look of…

ndthornton
    Free Member

You will probably make a profit on ebay

johnellison
    Free Member

I bought a Mythic Scream frame on eBay a few weeks ago. No idea why. Oh yeah, now I remember – I was smashed out of my tree at the time… 😯

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I just bought a completely unnecessary pair of tyres, purely because my bike will look super sexy with gumwalls

Kryton57

wwaswas – Member
    I think the worst was a whole bike around a chaintug I liked the look of…

ahem. I’ve just bought a frame to sort out a stretched SS chain (kinda) 😀

wwaswas

that was an entirely rational purchase 🙂

ads678

‘Can anyone recommend me a frame that runs a 190*50 shock’

Orang Five! buy a cheap old straight top tube one and fit that shock it’ll be great. I was gonna buy one to replace my manitou shock but i’ve just moved house and can’t afford it until i pay the solicitors fees!!

timbur
    Free Member

Didn’t Chipps build a bike around a seat collar once? I’m sure I read that back in the bag when they did a paper version of the website.

😀

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a bar and stem not connected to any bike. I ‘ride’ it round my bedroom. Damn Evans vouchercodes.

watsontony
    Free Member

i bought a bike….. costly mistake

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I bought a Prologo Evo Knack Carbon road saddle and a roll of handlebar tape on a bit of a whim… Planet-X had the Prologos at half price.

It cost me over £5-grand to buy enough bits to finish it off!

wwaswas

It cost me over £5-grand to buy enough bits to finish it off!

I’m impressed with your diligence in not cutting corners until you’d got the best use out of your bargin bar tape.

RDL-82
    Free Member

10spd XT drivetrain but no bike that can even accept gears!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

V Expensive set of bar end shifters and drop bar levers… yet don’t own a bike with drop bars.

Yet.

tomtomthepipersson

I bought an Inbred frame. Built it up as a single speed. Didn’t use it. Added some gears. Still not used it.

It’s turned out to be a glorified spare parts holder.

AlasdairMc

I bought a titanium road bike partly because my Brooks saddle just didn’t look right on my cyclocross.

stevepitch
    Free Member

You can return it, you know. Don’t be so daft and get swept into the STW buying frenzy.

Bought it before I saw the thread on here and hell I’ve been riding a HT for a while now, I think my promotion at work should be rewarded with a new frame 😛

smartmonkey
    Free Member

Steve,
    If all else fails then I’d be interested in it. Unfortunately I was too late to get one before they sold out.
    SM

stevepitch
    Free Member

If the wife puts up a fight I’ll drop you a mail smartmonkey

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Yeh, I bought a skin suit for racing cyclocross but really need to do the suit justice so one of these is currently on it’s way from Germany. 😳

campfreddie
    Free Member

sprocketjockey… shame, you could have bought my dropbar setup nice and cheap… i do still have a set of dura ace bar end shifters which are absolutely essential if you want to do it ‘properly’!

dday

I bought a 456 frame (on sale) simply because I had enough spare parts lying around to finish it. It was rubbish, so spent plenty moola making it not rubbish (new forks, brakes, drivetrain, tyres)

Then I sold it. mmm.. ❓

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Stupid / silly bike part purchase's’ is closed to new replies.