Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stupid Rubbish Everything! Gar!
  • meehaja
    Free Member

I want to wathc the tour de france. I’m not bothered about live, but the highlights in the evening are the highlight of my evening, and makes the hour on the turbo a bit more fun, and its a chance for the opther half to enjoy cycling a bit too (she gets right into it.)

We don’t have a TV, so I borrowed one specialy, We have virgin media TV as it makes the broadband cheaper. So, I p[lug it in last night to watch stage 1, “sorry you don’t have ITV4, If you had freeview you would, but as you pay for tv you don’t watch, we’d like to charge you more for something you actually want to watch. Here’s the BBC and 50 pron channels instead.”

I control my rage, go online and decide to watch it on tinterweb. No highlights on line, try again toady, highlghts from yesterday are there and I can watch tongiths highlghts live, except I can’t. I just get a 30 sec advert then it crashes. I could watch yesterdays highlights today, except I’m using a mac, so I’m not allowed. I would use the PC, but its a DEll, and therefore takes weeks to load up, doesn’t recognise my wifi and then crashes anyway.

I just want to wathc the little men ruide their bikes! but no! And to make maters worse, the F$%%%%£ BAS£$£%ds put the resul on the front page, next to “Watch highlights” SO you already know who’s won! WHY? WHY? they wouldn’t do it with wendyball or posh rugby (probably with rugby league they would).

We’re the most succesful country in the world at cycling, but we;re not allowed to see it on tV! and when I was sprinting up a hill yesterday in the baking heat some T%$T in an audi shouts “think your lance armstrong do you?” No! I Don’t I’m Blo%^DY english, thats why I’m out riding my bike, not watching the worlds most faous bike race on TV, Cos I’m not allowed.
    You know what? I’m writting to my MP about this!

RealMan
    Free Member

Didnt you check to see if virgin came with itv4 before you got it..?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Meanwhile, here in France, it’s on tele from the moment it starts to the moment it ends and more…..wears me out I tell ya!!!!

If you could tune into France 2 tv somehow……….

SB

atlaz
    Free Member

Not sure what you were doing wrong because ITV4 comes on the “free” Virgin TV package and all of them above that.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Yeah, you do get itv 4 with virgin; eurosport too (although that might not be on the basic package).

onewheelgood

Yep, should get both ITV4 and Eurosport on Virgin, although Eurosport is an add-on to the basic package (used to be included, was the main reason I got Virgin as it was the only way to get to watch MotoGP at the time)- see http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/tv/compare.html

jonb
    Free Member

yep, virgin and itv4 here too, try phoning them see why you don’t have it.

meehaja
    Free Member

Stratobiker, you sir, are my new hero, have a drink from me…

I know I “Should” get ITV 4 on my virgin media, I used to before I gave up TV, according to their website I still should. I tried ringing but despite them elling me my call was important, they didn’t bother to answer it, mind you, i guess it is the weekend. I shall give them hell tomorrow!

Sandwich

Eurosport will cost £5.50 on top of the basic package for the M+ channels. ITV4 is included in Virgin M TV.

project
    Free Member

You can buy a gizmo from currys that plugs into the side of a computer that gives you digi tv.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stupid Rubbish Everything! Gar!’ is closed to new replies.