Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stupid question: DMR V8 pedals
  • legolam
    Free Member

Bear with me, this is possibly the stupidest question ever asked on a forum, but I can’t find the answer despite extensive googling.

Where is the grease port on the DMR V8 pedals? And I’ve lost the syringe that came with it so have liberated a 5ml syringe from work – will this do?

Thanks,
    Hannah

gren
    Free Member

Its near the axel. Looks like one of the pins only goes into the pedal rather than sticking out. Will need an allen key to unscrew.

wwaswas

grease port is in the middle of the axle with a small allen key headed plug in it.

you may get away with a standard syringe – it’s a while since I had v8’s so I can’t remember how much force you have to use to get the grease in. Other option is to use a ‘proper’ cycle grease gun thingy that goes ont he end of a tube or one of the Dualco grease guns.

legolam
    Free Member

Woop, found it!

And, FWIW, a medical 5ml syringe (non-luer lock, for those that care about such things) doesn’t quite fit in to the grease port but covers the opening so you can just force the grease in.

I didn’t know how much to put in, so just filled it up till it was coming out the other side!

Coyote
    Free Member

That is exactly the right amount.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stupid question: DMR V8 pedals’ is closed to new replies.