Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • STUPID photo
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Can anyone see what is stupid about this photo? Grrrrrrr if not I'll be back in about 30 secs to tell you why….

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Sure can…it's just a little red cross!

eviljoe
    Free Member

arg. even worse….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is the sky upside down ?

crispybacon
    Free Member

'err I can see a bloke on a beach with a surf board… can't tell if it's a stupid board or not.

It could be an ironing board tho?

tiggs121
    Free Member

Hard to tell if the surfer is walking towards the sea or away from the sea?

eviljoe
    Free Member

How can some people see it and some not? 😯

sc-xc

He's too far away from a socket to plug his iron in

psychle
    Free Member

the enormous bit of dust/thread on your sensor?

crispybacon
    Free Member

How can some people see it and some not?

it's the kings new clothes syndrome 😉

iDave
    Free Member

he's wearing a karate suit under a wet suit?

i_am_JC
    Free Member

Horizon is wonky?
    Left side is lower.

eviljoe
    Free Member

If you stare at it long enough you can see the new shimano groupset… 😀

No (shame)

There's a bloody great odd mark just above the cloud line, about 1/4 way from the left hand side- I've No idea what's doing it…new lens and it keeps doing it- anyone know why?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well he appears to be carrying that enormous fish across his back in a very awkward manner – which kinda looks stupid.

eviljoe
    Free Member

psychle – Member
    the enormous bit of dust/thread on your sensor?

hmmmm dust on the sensor you reckon? Is that an easy fix?

psychle
    Free Member

There's a bloody great odd mark just above the cloud line, about 1/4 way from the left hand side- I've No idea what's doing it…new lens and it keeps doing it- anyone know why?

Almost certainly dust on your sensor… what camera is it?

igm

Agreed – or possibly on the lens somewhere.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You could hardly expect people who don't know that it's reoccurring to have noticed that – it just looks like clouds/vapour trails/UFO to me.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

That be dirt.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Canon 30D

Doesn't show up in every pic…….

eviljoe
    Free Member

it just looks like clouds/vapour trails/UFO to me.

I thought you could all see the UFO 😯

scotia
    Free Member

sorry to hijack, but i have the same problem.. its not a line but two spots…its not the new lens as i tried an old one and their still there…does that mean its the sensor? Is that easy or expensive to fix?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Get a nice white sky/sheet of paper and take a photo of that.
    Should show up exactly where the dirt is.
    You have a mirror up mode in your slr as well which will lock the mirror out the way so you can clean the sensor.
    Should be able to find some cleaning kits/blowers about somewhere then.
    Possibly on the lense if not tho… earbud and some alcohol cleaner?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

At a guess – he should be surfing on a rising not ebbing tide and when the tide is higher?

mav12
    Free Member

rocket blower about 7 quid from jacobs make sure you dont touch the sensor

or could be on the lense does it do it with other lenses

eviljoe
    Free Member

Only noticed it on this lens – will have to give the whole lot a good clean..

Cheeers you lot!

samuri
    Free Member

looks like it might be a short pube.

mrchrispy

i thought it was a massive swarm of bees on the horizon

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

first off, dust on most lenses is so far out of focus it just results in loss of contrast as its image is spread over the whole frame.

That looks like a sun trail to me, though I've not seen one on an SLR before. On EVF cameras where the shutter is normally open it's easy to damage the surface of the sensor, or the anti-aliasing filter, with a focussed image of the sun 🙁

Travis

don't about the UFO looking streak, but I can see like a dark kite/parachute type mark on it.

Maybe the guy forgot to bring the harness for kite surfing?

igm

simonfbarnes – Member
    first off, dust on most lenses is so far out of focus it just results in loss of contrast as its image is spread over the whole frame.

Agreed – but it's easy to check by swapping lenses, so it's worth ruling out.

stumpy01

Looks to me like some dust on the lens.

And the horizon's wonky…..

Ti29er
    Free Member

I'd have said it's on the sensor or it's huge and on the lens, and having enlarged the image to 400% the rest of the sensor look ok.
    If it's on the sensor, it will be on every picture after this image (or thereabouts), unless its dislodged itself.
    Be very careful cleaning this sensor, don't go blowing onto it. Get to Jessops or some such camera shop and buy a brush or kit.

zokes
    Free Member

I seem to have an eyelash or some-such on the back of one of my lenses (it goes away when I change lens). I can't for the life of me see it on the rear element though, and it's certainly not on the front or the obvious on the sensor. Rather irritating as it's not that easy to clone out in Lightroom either. It seems to go and come back, but always in the same place. Tis very strange…

Ti29er
    Free Member

Zokes.
    If you use Bridge in CS3, you can duplicate any healing applied to one images across all specified images.
    This Master Class comes to you free of charge.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but it's easy to check by swapping lenses, so it's worth ruling out.

but a) pointless and b) possibly letting in more crap 🙁 Though you could test it by pressing the lens release and just slightly rotating the lens in its mount – were it to be on lens it would move…

If you use Bridge in CS3, you can duplicate any healing applied to one images across all specified images.

good luck on that ever working! It's scene dependent.

zokes
    Free Member

Sadly I only have Lightroom, although I do believe you can do the same in there. The trouble is that it's usually on the cusp of the horizon, so clone works better than heal some times, depending on the angle of the shot. Not being a circle, it's not the easiest thing to subtly remove with the limited tools in lightroom.

Come to think of it, I suspect it is actually on the sensor, just that the other main lens (which doesn't seem to exhibit the issue) is rarely used stopped down very far. I seem to remember reading you notice more dirt the smaller the aperture, however if that's correct is another matter. I'm somewhat averse however to poking (however gently) the expensive bit of my £2000 toy, so I may take it somewhere to be done properly. It may even have shaken itself off by now…

eviljoe
    Free Member

That looks like a sun trail to me, though I've not seen one on an SLR before.

What's that?? Only seem to get the problem in sunny conditions.. is it a permanent problem 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What's that??

where the focussed image of the sun burns the surface of the sensor or the antialias filter. I had it on a bridge camera. Harder to get with a DSLR as the sensor is normally out of the light path and you avoid looking at the sun even through the viewfinder. Possible in live view mode.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's dust on the sensor I'll bet my left ass cheek, especially if it tends to go away with wider apertures. Get a rocket blower and sensor pen

My sensor gets cleaned pretty much every month as I change lenses a lot out "in the field".

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘STUPID photo’ is closed to new replies.