Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)
  • Stupid names for kids
  • onehundredthidiot

Went to school with three sisters,

Faith

Hope

and Heather

Wasted opportunity surely.

alpin
    Free Member

Isambard is a great name… Kingdom would have been even bolder.

Saying that, I’ve always liked Horatio….

My 2yr old nephew is Stanley. Old name, but carries well, I think.

Friends of ours have a son named Odin, the Norse God.

Think some names the parents give their kids does them a disservice.

Be it something chavvy or posh (Sheleqa or Tarquin). People will always judge and file them in a draw based on their name before meeting them.

DezB
    Free Member

“Dick Sean Harry”?

Took me a while there.. 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

chardonay
    cruz
    romeo
    brooklyn
    tiger lilly
    apple
    india hopkins

lets not start on some of the daft american names out there 😉

prawny

Talking of stupid kids names I forgot myself yesterday, I was named after Lorne Green, but not out of any kind of respect, my dad just didn’t want me to have the same name as anyone else in my class. Yeah cheers Dougie. It worked though, I’ve never met anyone with the same name, although I know of a few, there’s a guy with the same name as me that sells aeroplanes in northampton.

Luckily we’re not scottish, as he was the local butcher and everyone would have thought I was named after the sausage.

I’ve got a pimp hotmail address now though so it’s not all bad.

Edit – Technicallyinept – is it Hera?

kilo

Sundayjumper – Member
    I told my wife about this thread. Her friend’s brother has just named his son Wolfe.

Good rebel name

Wolfe Tone;

“I entered into the service of the French republic with the sole view of being useful to my country. To contend against British Tyranny, I have braved the fatigues and terrors of the field of battle; I have sacrificed my comfort, have courted poverty, have left my wife unprotected, and my children without a father. After all I have done for a sacred cause, death is no sacrifice.”

GrahamS

Good rebel name

Wolfe Tone;

Better than “Ring” I suppose.

theotherjonv

Better than “Ring” I suppose.

Or Dy-lan

I’ll get my coat.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

OK. One household, not very far from me. 4 kids; 3 boys: Leaf, Winter, River and a girl: Whisper.

On the other end of the scale (Chav) not ‘alternative’: Jaxon (as in Michael?).

I feel so dull…

wiggles
    Free Member

I know a guy called Woodstock… Guess how old he is

funkmasterp

My son got his name from spotting it on the cover of a book too

Your son is called J R Hartley isn’t he?

Scapegoat

When my twins were born the midwife asked us what we were going to to call them. She approved of the ordinary names and announced that she had just delivered her first Laa Laa, “because that was her big brother’s favourite Teletubby”.

Always proud to live in Huddersfield, a newspaper story of one of the first problematic deliveries because of the merger of Huddersfield and Calderdale maternity units involved one Daisy-Boo Faith Cotton-Cowie:
    http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/no-beds-huddersfield-baby-daisys-5010754

Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Stupid names for kids’ is closed to new replies.