Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Stupid Interview Questions
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve been asked a few times recently “If you were offered this job would you accept it?” which to me is a close second to “are you a terrorist” on the US border.

Or am I missing something?

Please add yours..

Muke
    Free Member

I would reply ” Are you offering it to me then ? ”

schmiken

I wouldn’t say it was daft, I’ve been asked that in teaching interviews. You may decide after a tour and a lesson that you don’t fit in with the school’s ethos, but do the interview as practice anyway. Then politely say “I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s a fit for me, I appreciate the effort.” Am I missing something?

Stupidest question for me has been what superpower would you have?

maccruiskeen

what superpower would you have?

The Soviet Union

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair question as Schmiken says you might have just realised it wasn’t for you for many reasons.

ajt123
    Free Member

Describe yourself in 3 words is a classic. But can work for you – I reckon I clinched the current job with my answer.

project
    Free Member

Working full time on a zero hours contract, had to re-apply after year for the same job, got asked if i died tonight, what do you think your workmates would say about you next day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

..and the bitterness becomes clear…

butcher

“If you were offered this job would you accept it?”

Been asked this a few times. I’m not sure they always expect an honest answer…I personally wouldn’t say no without time to think about it, but they get to weigh up your interest by getting straight to the point. I’ve turned down offers in the past.

TheBrick
    Free Member

ajt123 – Member
    Describe yourself in 3 words is a classic. But can work for you – I reckon I clinched the current job with my answer.

Absolutely,
    ginormous,
    tentacles?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Consistently
    under
    performing?

IA

I’ve said “no” then followed it with the job I wanted that they could offer me. It’s worked for me twice.,,

TheBrick
    Free Member

Maassive
    flatulence
    problem?

bruneep

😀 @ al

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mostly
    above
    average

geetee1972
    Free Member

The question in question is a well known way of finding out if someone is likely to suck all the life out of your organisation with their overbearing negativity.

jimmy

I’ve failed at an interview for not seeming interested in the job, and heard others the same. It wasn’t conscious but if they’d asked me that I’d probably have been like “meh” And then “yeah course”.

joat

*What’s your worst character trait?
    – Honesty!
    *I don’t think that’s a bad trait.
    -I don’t give a shit what you think!

hilldodger
    Free Member

There are no “stupid” interview questions, but there’s plenty of people too stupid to know how to answer them 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

hilldodger – Member
    There are no “stupid cleverinterview questions posts on a thread like this, but there’s plenty of people too stupid to know how to answer attempt them

FTFY

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I wish I could get an interview!
    Civil service applications are more like a bloody English exam! You can be a complete effwit & crap at the job but if you can fill the form in & say the right words, your’e in.

TheFlyingOx

“What do you think you could bring to the company, The Flying Ox?”

“Well, I’ve got one of those fancy coffee machines at home…”

(interview for my current job)

GrahamS

A mate of mine was once asked in an interview (for a software engineering post): “If I gave you a brick what would you do with it?”

To be fair he came up with a long list of things you can feasibly do with a brick.

My response would have been “erm… I’d put it down and then ask you why the hell you gave me a brick?”

got asked if i died tonight, what do you think your workmates would say about you next day.

“Is Graham not in today?”

if you can fill the form in & say the right words, your’e in.

Isn’t that an ideal practical test for the Civil Service?

everyone
    Free Member

I got asked in a video interview (horrendous experience, I was just talking at text on the screen) how I could apply my degree to the production of chocolate bars. I ended up talking about heat treating chocolate…

I didn’t get that job.

tillydog
    Free Member

I asked someone that question last week: “Oh, yes, definitely!” was the answer. We offered; He didn’t accept… (We were pretty sure he wouldn’t).

Silliest one I heard of was: “Imagine you are walking through the jungle and imagine a lion is charging towards you. What would you do?”

The best answer ever was “I imagine I would shoot it with my imaginary gun and carry on my imaginary walk.” (He got the job).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Isn’t that an ideal practical test for the Civil Service?

I reckon so G. After all it is the p***** ******e, the dept where when managers screw up they get promoted?

Cougar

Isn’t this basically, “are you desperate?” with a side order order of “we’re in control”?

I’d probably answer that I’d consider an offer and let them know. Either that or counter with “if I accepted the position would you offer it to me?” Job interviews are a two-way process, they need you or they wouldn’t be interviewing you. Easy to forget that, but I don’t like bullies.

Cougar

Better yet, “I don’t know, offer it to me and we’ll find out.” (-:

benji
    Free Member

Answer the question with, “yes, I would, would you like me start tomorrow?”

Trekster

benji – Member
    Answer the question with, “yes, I would, would you like me start tomorrow?”

My second job went something along those lines. Took a weeks holiday, heard another garage was looking for mechanics, mine was rumoured to be going to the wall. Went along, asked to speak to the workshop manager. Introduced myself, asked if he was hiring, he says yes when can you start? Next Monday says I, shakes hands, jod sorted 😆

In current job there was some reorganisation going on is I applied for a team leaders job knowing fine well others were all primed to get the job(same as now in another job) One manager asked the question on how I would handle conflict on the shift? This from the guy who was in dispute, having issues with various people!! I think my wide eyed, long pause, seat shuffle gave away my real thoughts. The man was(now gone)not a nice person….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Stupid Interview Questions’ is closed to new replies.