Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Stupid inconsiderate ill people…
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Inlaws both have stinking colds and coughs.
    Thanks for popping around and kissing, touching and coughing over our 3 young children.
    Gives them just enough time to incubate a cold and spend half term being poorly.
    My opinion of the spaztards is lowered yet another notch.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Why did you let them in?

I prescribe disowning them both and 1 thread on MUMSNET.

maccruiskeen

Its not your inlaws germs you should be worried about – its their genes 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

I did tell them they can’t come in when I answered the door but they thought I was joking.
    The next time the kids are ill we are going over to see how many kisses we can give grandma .. There will be serious prizes for the winner

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

what, an early inheritance?

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

Its all the germ infested kids at school you need to be carefull of

cbike
    Free Member

Life goes on. Kids are minging wee clats anyway. It’s their job. Up the hygiene and you’ll all be fine.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its not your inlaws germs you should be worried about – its their genes

The middle child has some of grandmas awkward belligerent stubbornness about her..
    Youngest and oldest are more cloudnineish and very much more laid back and easy going.

I forsee great problems with middle child in about 10 years time.
    Contingency plans have already been made whereby I move into the man cave at the bottom oftthe garden.

cloudnine
    Free Member

They’ve just gone.. I can already hear Mrs cloudnine liberally spraying disinfectant

slowoldman

They need contact with bugs to improve their immune systems.

anagallis_arvensis

Youngest and oldest are more cloudnineish and very much more laid back and easy going.

Ha ha ha, funniest thing on herecin ages given your op…..no really **** brilliant work.

chewkw
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member

They’ve just gone.. I can already hear Mrs cloudnine liberally spraying disinfectant

Too late. They have passed it on to you now …

One of my ZM colleague was coughing non-stop in the office in my face so now I have a bit of sore throat … dammit.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I did tell them they can’t come in when I answered the door but they thought I was joking.

You are obviously a wussy and need to MTFU.

Drac

It’s a cold not the bubonic plague.

MoreCashThanDash

I’d got the day off tomorrow to get a decent road ride in with a mate but we’ve had a call to say that my aunt is unlikely to last till the weekend so I’ve got to go and pay my last respects.

Bloody inconsiderate ill people! 🙄

Slogo
    Free Member

you will have the cold soon!
    👿

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Moarcash, FaceTime?

Drac

Thoughts with you Morecash. 🙁

jamj1974

I’d got the day off tomorrow to get a decent road ride in with a mate but we’ve had a call to say that my aunt is unlikely to last till the weekend so I’ve got to go and pay my last respects.
    Bloody inconsiderate ill people!

Take care dude!

wiganer
    Free Member

Presenteeism costs 2-3 times more to the economy than absenteeism, actual fact.

Sandwich

The boss looked at me strangely when I complained about a sick part-time colleague coming into work. Once I explained how his business won’t function if we’re all (4 of us) down with colds or flu brought in because someone thinks he should attend there was a change of heart. I have direct experience of working 14 days of 12 hour shifts due to flu being brought to work. It was not a happy time for me.

Drac

**** sake can’t go to work as you have a cold, seriously?

johndoh
    Free Member

You do know that a cold and the flu are different things and not interchangeable don’t you?

People get colds, runny noses, sore throats and coughs – if we all hid in bed every time we had one, the country would grind to a halt. Get a **** grip.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

If you went to work with flue, you didnt have flue

sparksmcguff

It’s a cold not the bubonic plague.

That really would be inconsiderate. Develop your immune system then go round to theirs with your own life threatening coughs and sneezes

aracer
    Free Member

This – you should be thanking them for helping with your kids longterm health.

mudshark
    Free Member

If you went to work with flue, you didnt have flue

Mostly true but I did a few years back. Fainted on the train though…got off next station had a soft drink and carried on. Flippin’ stupid really.

zippykona

And thank you mum of the kid with the sickness bug that passed it onto our friends kid that gave it to us.
    All I saw of Newquay was the bathroom as I evacuated both ends catasphorically.
    That meant we couldn’t travel home and we had to pay staff to cover us for nearly a week. Close on a grand wasted due to some silly cow that wanted time off from looking after her kid.

spooky_b329

The next time the kids are ill we are going over to see how many kisses we can give grandma .

Perhaps you’ve already done that and you are getting the payback 🙂

Sandwich

One mans cold is the COPD sufferers gateway to pneumonia and you don’t know who you’ll knock over with your germs as most people keep their medical history private.

surfer
    Free Member

Had loads of “colds” as we all do. Feel rough for a week or longer if we are unlucky. Cant run or cycle and generally feel a bit poorly.

Had Flu once about 14 years ago (yes I remember it well) I literally couldnt climb the stairs and felt almost at deaths door.

Colds seldom keep me off work although I may work from home during the worst of it to save my colleagues and spare them the sneezing/coughing. Anyone who has 2 days off with “Flu” is never believed again!!

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

2 hours down the M1 to the care home with my mum trying not to cry next to me in the passenger seat. Only to be told when we arrived “Strangely she seems to have rallied today”

2 hours at the care home watching an unconscious 81 year old struggling to breathe for pneumonia.

3 hours back up the M1 due to some moron spilling diesel all over the carriageway this morning.

Still, whatever happens in the next few days, my mum got to see her sister at least one more time.

And it looked like a cold shit day for a ride anyway!

mrblobby
    Free Member

My daughter who is 1 today is vomiting and shooting poo water out of her bum. My boy has just joined in with the vomiting too. Mrs Blobby’s gone out for dinner. Damn inconsiderate the lot of them as I had a date with the turbo this evening!

pitduck
    Free Member

op you dont sound “easy going and laid back”you sound more up tight and petty about a pretty harmless cold 🙄

mrblobby
    Free Member

op you dont sound “easy going and laid back”you sound more up tight and petty about a pretty harmless cold

Pitduck, do you have kids? Harmless maybe but pretty bloody disruptive if you have small kids.

pitduck
    Free Member

yes mr blobby i do,all grown up coughs colds and all. 😀

singletrackmind

MoreCashThanDash

30mins on the bike doing some tabbata intervals and I was chilled through. Tights, thick base layer, jersey , gillet , buff and beanie.

You will get to ride your bike again , Your Mum ( and yourself )might not get the chance to see your aunt again.

You did the right thing though . good man.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pitduck your experience may have been better than mine. In our house a harmless cold can result in a fortnight of badly disturbed sleep, whingy kids, having to arrange time off work… it’s no fun 🙁

gee68
    Free Member

I’m either hard as **** or I’ve never had flu in my life.
    My wife and i work for ourselves( as many on this forum do)and have never had a day off with a cold or flu.

Kiss of death,I’ve not got long left have I.

🙁

pitduck
    Free Member

… “it’s no fun”…,poor lamb 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Stupid inconsiderate ill people…’ is closed to new replies.