Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Stupid inane comments rant
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I know I'm going to get shot down in flames and I know its been said before (and it not just about my posts) but people put up simple posts asking questions etc then get some stupid inane comment with no relevance which seems to me a waste of our and their time.

The great animosity of this forum seems to breed and has attracted some people who just come on to wind people up or put insulting comments about people personally. I don't remember so much of this sort of stuff a few years ago – maybe I'm wrong and also I am sure people will point out this post is pointless and I sould get a life or stop being so sensitive or words to that effect. Just be nice if you got people posting on here who don't just want to be a pr@t!

I am sure some poeple agree and some are indifferent and some people will call me stupid names etc 🙂

Rant Over

Running away and change my login name 🙂

cookeaa

Yeah whatever you moany old Git…

Get with the programme, Angry is the new Happy!

clubber
    Free Member

It's always been the same (at least as long as I've been using STW (since 2000ish)). Y'see the internet is like the real world but more exaggerated so just as the real world has nice people and complete c**ks, so does the internet and this forum.

Most people who take the p!ss on here offer some helpful advice as well (check out the XXXC thread as a great example – despite some serious p!ss ripping, there was plenty of decent advice given at the same time.

PS you're a c**k 😉

meeeee
    Free Member

happens on all forums i wouldnt let it worry you 🙂

I actually think this forum is one of the nicer ones though, i used to read UKC (climbing forum) a lot and that really is bad for sarcastic put downs, pointless arguments and inane comments!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry – was just a Monday Morning Rant. I'll probably regret it later – I guess I compare it to real life so most people I meet are generally polite. I don't mind a piss take but its when it get a little nasty I tend not to want post. I expect it also put some newbies off. This forum is a great resource esp for the tech side but don't frequent the chat side so much for the reason above 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

HTFU

foxyrider
    Free Member

HTFU

Got the last 3 letters 🙂 whats the first?

clubber
    Free Member

Harden

foxyrider
    Free Member

ahh OK 🙂

Bregante

ooer :mrgreen:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I guess I compare it to real life so most people I meet are generally polite

so perhaps they have a thirst for ribald inanity waiting to be slaked ? Polite is all very well but often it masks resentment and annoyance…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Polite is all very well but often it masks resentment and annoyance…

– Nah most of the people I meet in day-to-day lfe seem to be OK to me? I agree politness doesn't mean they are being nice however 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Grow some?

😉

These people don't know you so there's no need to take it personally.

foxyrider
    Free Member

You haven't seen my balls they are huge 🙂 Tis awkward when riding IMBO 😆

Rich
    Free Member

😆

I take it that's the comment that inspired this thread?

foxyrider
    Free Member

How did you guess 😉

I think sometimes its because people don't read the OP properly and jump in and then you also have to say the same thing over and over again. I guess with long threads it does get a little difficult to force yourself to read everything, then it goes to Chinese whispers, then often a slagging match 😉

BTW I am not sitting hear steaming and cussing 😉 😳

fbk
    Free Member

I bet you are really 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

No Neil I am at piece now 🙂 Ommmmmmmmmmmmm 😯

fbk
    Free Member

Oh god – you're back on the drugs aren't you 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No Neil I am at piece now

don't you mean "peas" ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think you can tell the ribaldry from the flaming no? The ribbing on the XXXC thread is good fun.

I just don't like threads that get personally insulting.

tails
    Free Member

HTFU

Got the last 3 letters whats the first?

hermaphrodite the **** up?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I just don't like threads that get personally insulting.

Yeh that thread is def just a bit of fun – no personal nastiness on there 🙂

hermaphrodite the **** up?

That just sounds very wrong or even illegal?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Stupid inane comments rant’ is closed to new replies.