Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stupid designs
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I won’t go so far as to suggest not fit for purpose but definitely a foolish (from my point of view) design “feature”

I took delivery of a new frame yesterday which is duly being sent back today and exchanged for last year’s.

I’d eventually talked my self into the updated 2015 model which was an overly wide (IMHO for the material) 31.6 seat tube for “your favourite dropper seat post”, in my case as it would fit both the hope seat post and possibly in future ks i950 I already had.

All well and good.

Only in order to not detract from the ride character the tube is flared at the top to accept a wider post, and the flare is only 150mm deep at best.

This means a non dropper post won’t go in the frame beyond pedaling height, also were I at the shorter end of the frame size I’d not be able to put a dropper in far enough either.

So to make me a little less exasperated, what silly design “features” have annoyed you?

lardman
    Free Member

any of the latest useless poorly conceived of push fit, press in, piss poor bottom bracket systems.
    Grrrr….. nothing but a pain in the arse. Only benefits manufacturers, not us at all.

legend
    Free Member

internal cable routing. I want to be able to change a full cable/brake/whatever in a car park with minimal tooling in minutes when required. Fannying around trying to route things thought tubes and swingarms only to have them rattle away (or wearing out away the entry/exit holes) when riding anyway – all for the sake of ‘aesthetics’

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ah yes internal cables, now they are stupid. I personally don’t think they look right either, a bike should have cables, neatly under the top tube. I think internal routing is more sensible on anti than broken down tube routing though.

This also annoyed me with the new frame – I like hose/cable clips to hold them onto my frame, I think cable ties look cheap and they have a tendency to scratch my legs, an expensive frame and the cable guides only work with ties not something a bit nicer.

Fortunately pf bbs are something I’ve manged to avoid entirely and long may that trend continue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stupid designs’ is closed to new replies.