Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stupid Apple TV question
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Is apple TV able to just mirror my IMac and show exactly what I’m doing EG word processing or does it just work through apps like Chromecast?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It can mirror. Not sure how you do it on a Mac, my Macbook is too old to have airplay, but on an iPad/iPhone there is a switch in the airplay menu to mirror, so assume it will be the same with a Mac.

mav12
    Free Member

Yes it can you can mirror or extend desktop

hammyuk
    Free Member

It will mirror IF you have one new enough to allow Airplay.
    If not there is an app you can download that will do it – can’t remember the name of it right now but just do a search.

Rosss
    Free Member

Perfect thanks guys!

iolo
    Free Member

If you’re hoping to stream video fro your mac it will be very notchy and not at all smooth.
    You can’t also connect a dvd drive and stream movies to your tv.
    Considering its an apple product streaming stuff to an apple product, it’s not very good imo. Hopefully, the new one will be better.

Rosss
    Free Member

Would I be better off just hardwiring a HDMI cable? I’d prefer AppleTV as I have a Iphone and Ipad too so can stream from them all. DVD isn’t an issue it’s just for streaming online and Iplayer really

jonk

There is an app called idisplay which will work on non airplay macs to mirror the screen.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I disagree iolo – used it loads to stream stuff from Putlocker, etc to the TV.
    Thats with the Mac downstairs in the office and the ATV upstairs in the living room.
    If you’re having issues you might want to check your wifi network first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stupid Apple TV question’ is closed to new replies.