• This topic has 39 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jobro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Stunning day for a ride
  • simondbarnes

So nice to be out on an MTB for the 1st time since November. Just a gentle pootle up to Rivington Pike. So many people about but didn’t really mind as it was so warm and sunny. Don’t even need to clean my bike 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S1RhXn]IMG_20170325_123004_340[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Beer stop!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/SEREFb]IMG_20170325_124625_460[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Got to play with a couple of lovely dogs 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/T1VZLQ]IMG_20170325_125722_359[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Ice cream!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/T4m42r]IMG_20170325_134117_047[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

vincienup
    Free Member

Looks like an excellent day for a ride! Sadly walking between buildings carrying parts and climbing up stairs is the closest I’m getting today 🙁

Looks like a pleasant place for a ride though, I’ll have to head over there some time

TiRed

Was out at 06:30. Never seen so many heading for the surrey hills at such an early hour. Rather like bees! Three laps of Richmond Park, which felt like Zwift followed by our Saturday club run. Only 50 km left to do this week so will take out the TT bike tomorrow hoping for the same weather!

akira

Sunny swinley with boys cycling club followes by ice cream. Managed not to get too annoyed at a few dodgy passes by chubby weekend warriors on hardtails with full face helmets.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Currently ill and sat inside looking at the nice weather wishing i was out on the bike, doesn’t help that I can see the hills from home 🙁

Looking on the bright side the clocks go forward later so evening rides to look forward to after work 8)

Bregante

Just a little 30 mile off road ride into the land of Hit The North to watch the carnage.

Cracking day for it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Annoyingly windy, CXer came out for the first time in 6 months. Bah to riding, just end up out of breath.

somafunk

T’was a cracking day (still is) so i think we can now call “spring” – spent the last 5 hrs across at Glentrool/Loch Trool with the bike n’ dog and it’s most definitely shorts n’ t-shirt weather 😀

dumbbot
    Free Member

But gutted not to get out,as I dont have another bike…but a nice day to build one, or at least try. Ground to a halt as FD not compatible, and i can’t find the right bolts for IS to post mount 160mm for the rear guide brake.

bruneep

Highs and lows of Scolty Hill

scotroutes

Yeah, it was OK.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RYA66u]P1030782[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

pipiom
    Free Member
    thecaptain
    Free Member

Sorry but couldn’t help but LOL at the “urban wheat ale” up top!

kcal

nice pic @scotroutes.

birky
    Free Member

60 miles around north Fife. Lovely day.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Gaaaaarrrggghhh!!! How do you share strava photos from your phone FFS!

But yeah reet bonny out.

http://www.strava.com/activities/914216294/shareable_images/photo_based/757877/1/f0194049-93f6-4a3e-badc-c86d249f0931?hl=en-US&v=1490467554

MoreCashThanDash

Waiting at Chatsworth for my mate to join me for a gentle café pootle in the glorious spring sunshine. First ride of the year in just a jersey.

Ambrose

A glorious day, spent riding around the Carmarthenshire hills. Arriving at the Myddfai cafe we were disappointed to see it was closed due to a wedding. And then the coffee and free cakes arrived, “surplus to requirements” Wonderful. the ride back to Llandeilo was difficult to start, proper cafe legs!

matt_outandabout

Superb day, sadly having to hang around in Dunblane due to kids at BB events.
    However, with a free afternoon, mrs_oab and i enjoyed an ace canoe down the sparkling River Teith.
    Rest of the day spent in garden.

mcnultycop

Couple of hours on he road bike round Saddleworth was lovely this afternoon. First time in aeons I’ve just got home and put any bike straight away with no cleaning.

maxtorque

Only the second time out on the bike this yeah (yeah, i know…) but a lovely day, so just a quick lap round the gnarfest that is Cannock:

Had a fun time chasing a guy on a fat bike down some of the more bumpy trails, watching him ping off stuff! Looked like a lot of fun mind 😆

grim168
    Free Member

Did my 100k a month ride today. Cold start but turned out lovely. January and Feb over the trough of Bowland and a nice day like this I mince out to Southport.

doordonot
    Free Member

Quick hack on soft trails in Cranham plus a quick blast up to Painswick Beacon where I figured I’d get a nice view over to the Malverns in the distance …

Link for full effect.

Northwind

No pics but a glorious day at innerleithen- I was a wee bit overdressed so I’ve gone in 2 days from complaining about riding in sleet to being too hot. Felt strange seeing a gritter go by. Quite wet in places but most of the trails were just perfect. Balm for the soul

roverpig

A perfect day for bimbling along visiting a few of the tops that I hadn’t got round to riding before now. Discovered the “fishwives path” too, which was a new one on me.

simondbarnes

Some lovely pics up ^^^^ 🙂

uberscott

Stunning day in Afan yesterday. We hadn’t been there for 5 years, and we tackled W2 for the first time. Tired but happy 🙂

hatter

Still recovering from a broken ankle so this thread is eating me alive!

Hurry up and mend you useless clump of bone and screws!

cuyahoga
    Free Member

Nice trip around Rivington Pike, Winter Hill transmitter and Darwen’s Jubilee Tower with a mate. Guessed wrong in my head about distance & timings, so it was nearly two hours longer than he’s used to. The bugger may have been grumbling for the last half, but he was still ahead of me on the climbs… and the flats… and the drops…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Getting out today will have to wait until this afternoon, the explosion in Bebington last night and the phoning family meant i got to bed much later than planned. Alarm set for grand Prix this morning has caught up with me badly, i need a power nap.

God i really hate the forward clock adjustment, often leaves me feeling jetlagged for the best part of a week! 👿

simondbarnes

Just as lovely out today. Did a little loop around Anglezarke including a spin around Healy Nab 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/T5PEkc]2017-03-26_12-32-00[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/T5PEx6]2017-03-26_12-31-46[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

milky1980
    Free Member

Friday afternoon was a quick lap of Cwmcarn.
    Saturday was in the Beacons doing the Gap.
    Today was a quick gravel bike ride along the Taff Trail.
    Got my commute to work this evening to look forward to still, might take the long way round across the barrage 8)

All in stunning weather 😀 Great few days on the bike although the constantly changing headwind today was a bit annoying, felt like it was second-guessing my every turn!

jam-bo

Dried up amazingly quickly. Rode last Sunday and it was a swamp. Just raced soggy bottom xc and it was dusty in places.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Spent sat sorting the bike, stans in wheels general check over etc. Jumped out of bed at 6:30 (5:30 pre clocks change) breakfast check, kit check, bike check – car check – flat battery no hope of jump start as wife took the other one to Dorset – annoyed! Went for a road ride which was nowhere near as much fun!

br
    Free Member

Only the second time out on the bike this yeah (yeah, i know…)

Unless you’ve been in prison or had a broken leg – no excuse is good enough.

Today was a Gypsy Glen loop including a lap of Glentress avoiding the Enduro boys, glorious. Started with clearing the frost off the car windscreen though 🙂

Friday afternoon was off-piste and Inners, gotta love this semi-retirement.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get your Sunday Bests out for the lads.

somafunk

11am started off with a ride around trails at Loch Stroan (galloway)

Followed by a climb up the Bennen beside it

Then up the radio mast at Clatteringshaws

Followed by a sunset spin around the golf course and through graveyard in my town then back home for beer at 7.30pm.

I’m tired and a wee bit sunburnt, toby (dog) is tired yet still wants to play rope – we didn’t see a single person out there so a belter of a weekend start to spring

bruneep

No so stunning today 😐

MoreCashThanDash

Same here today. 46 mile solo road ride. 47 miles of rain or drizzle.

jobro
    Free Member

11am started off with a ride around trails at Loch Stroan (galloway)

Somafunk.Are you doing this on the Tripster?
    Your dogs fit (in an athletic way, I don’t fancy it!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Stunning day for a ride’ is closed to new replies.