Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • stung on the earlobe
  • Klunk
    Free Member

by a wasp, damn that smarts! not as bad as the time a wasp got stuck behind my lid strap and stung me about 5 times under the chin, had trouble swallowing for the rest of the ride. Where have you been stung while out riding ?

scotroutes

In the wallet – more than once.

fifeandy
    Free Member

In the eyelid!
    Luckily I was nearly home as eye swelled shut for about 12hrs

Klunk
    Free Member

In the wallet – more than once.

Aye coke and hookers don’t come aren’t cheap

joshvegas
    Free Member

Bumble bee between shoulderblades mid descent.

Had to ride to the bottom and seek assistance removing sting.

sandwicheater

Recall fondly taking a summers walk with the scouts and trudging on a bees nest by accident. I was fine but the poor sap behind me (happened to be my brother) was not so lucky.

In answer to your question, everywhere.

EDIT: Just spotted your ‘while riding’ OP, sorry.

Gunz
    Free Member

I didn’t spot a wasp in a can of coke once and it stung me inside my bottom lip.
    Just remembered, lying in my sleeping bag with an enormous hangover and got woken up by a wasp stinging me in the armpit.

Gunz
    Free Member

I didn’t spot a wasp in a can of coke once and it stung me inside my bottom lip.
    Just remembered, lying in my sleeping bag with an enormous hangover and got woken up by a wasp stinging me in the armpit.
    Not riding obviously but we seem to have strayed a little.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Riding my motorcycle on a hot summers day, a wasp flew into my half open jacket and stung me about half a dozen times across the stomach. I must have looked a sight, braking and thumping my stomach trying to squash the bugger whilst trying not to fall off and stop in a safe place.

jimjam
    Free Member

Nipple and knuckle. God wasps are nature’s ****s.

Keva
    Free Member

got stung on the bottom lip by a wasp when out on the bike a couple of years ago. Stupid thing tried to fly into my mouth, luckily I was exhaling at the time and frantically managed to spit it out.

philjunior
    Free Member

Something stung or but me on a descent once. Didn’t get to see what it was.

Kahurangi

While riding, had one go down in to my jersey and ..

when I got to work there was one in my cup of morning tea (we’d all stop for toast outside).

Freester

Got a bee stuck between my sunglasses and cheek when I was riding. Got stung, stopped immediately my ride buddy nearly crashed into my back wheel.

Had to ask my mate to pull the sting out.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

On the sweaty arse by a arse sorry horse fly half way over a boggy section .

stevextc
    Free Member

I swallowed one a month ago…
    I didn’t realise it was a wasp…. and spent 5 mins (about) trying to either swallow it or cough it out…
    I finally stopped and hacked it out which is when it stung me … amazing it hadn’t before… and kinda lucky I’m not allergic…

Got stung right inside my throat but it didn’t really hurt much and it swelled up enough to make breathing whilst climbing difficult but not so I couldn’t breath normally…

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Got stung in the throat by a bee I inhaled about 8 miles from home. After a few moments of hacking and trying not to hurl (hairy little buggers tickle your throat before stinging their way out) I wondered if it was worth making sure I didn’t have a reaction before just carrying on hopefully. Glad to say that I didn’t have an anaphalctic?!
    shock, but it was like having the worlds biggest mouth ulcer for about 5 hours

Also a Wasp to the moobs/belly 3 or 4 times through an open jersey zip. Felt bad for the bee, but not the wasp that I squished, bees have much better PR

bungle

On a day-trip boat off Croatia, dived in on top of a jellyfish, lips like that bird in the Bill for a day

milky1980
    Free Member

Had a wasp sting my happy sack while stopped for a trailside pee. That was utter, utter agony! Had to go to the hospital for that one as the swelling got a bit worrying 😯

I’ve also had a nettle across the helmet doing the same thing but that was caused by a mate dropping his bike into them and one made a bid for freedom. It went numb after a few minutes so nowhere near as bad as the first one.

A few stings when one gets trapped in the helmet (the one made out of plastic) and one go round me a few times inside my jersey but that one didn’t sting me.

All I can say is it’s a good thing I don’t want any kids as I’m unsure anything still works :mrgreen:

Klunk
    Free Member

pain has eased but now my right earlobe is twice the size of the left 😯

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got stung by some bees once.

£20 for a jar of manuka honey, WTF!!

jes
    Free Member

Sucked a wasp in once, kind of wedged it between tongue and the roof of my mouth, before swalling it.
    It wasn’t happy and was buzzing like crazy, whilst I tried not to retch and/or fall off the bike whilst trying to grab it with thumb and forefinger……….. Who said we can’t multitask 🙂

Fully exepecting to get stung, but as I grabbed it, some venom must have sprayed over the back of my tongue.
    Weird sensation, and was fully expecting tongue and throat to swell up and to suffocate to death, but they didn’t, just felt like had swallowed some nasty chemical for 3 or 4 hours.

seadog101

Many years ago I was working in Jam Factory, which gets you some sort of resilience to stingy nasties. However, the top of your ear is about as bad as I remember it getting. Try it, pinch your ear near the top and dig your nails in as hard as possible, then pour on some acid, very hot acid.

johndoh
    Free Member

Slightly different story but I was on a lad’s holiday to Tenerife and we were sat chilling on the balcony when my mate started jumping up and down and pulled his shorts/pants down, still jumping wildly.

Turned out he’d been bitten right on the end of his German’s Helmet by an ant.

Of course being good mates, we all just fell about laughing and left him to it.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘stung on the earlobe’ is closed to new replies.