Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stumpy FSR Expert vs Zesty 314 vs anything else
  • 20thebear
    Free Member

Looking to get a new bike to do red/black trail centres plus C2C offroad for a mates stag do.

Been looking at the following:

Stumpy FSR Expert – good deal at my LBS
    Zesty 314 (would love 514, but it is too much ££)
    Trek Fuel EX9

Did wonder about the Ghost AMR7500, but not been able to see one in the flesh as no dealers near me. There is also the option of a 2nd hand bling Pace RC506.
    I'm a big lad 17st, 6'3", who is not the fittest, so slow on the up, but not to shabby on the downs.

Anyone got any thought or comments on which I should go for?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Rode a Trek Remedy last year and I was very impressed with the suspension system; felt much like my FSRs of old.

Now ride a Five though….

hitman
    Free Member

Honestly, I would buy a Santa Cruz Blur LT and pay the extra or a Blur LT Carbon if you find some money down the back of the sofa 🙂

stumpy01

I test wanted to test ride the same bikes but couldn't get hold off a Zesty.

Tested the Stumpy and EX9 though back to back.

Didn't get on with the EX9 at all, whereas the Stumpy immediately felt right. Ended up getting a Stumpy Elite & love it.

20thebear
    Free Member

Had a ride of an 18" orange 5 pro today and a Scott genius 50. 5 felt very nice but 18" was too small. Think a stumpy is the best value. Not sure if elite will be ok for me rather than expert. Anyone ridden both back 2 back. Is the Brain worth the extra cash?

robarnold
    Free Member

You also get 10% of the value of the RRP of the Stumpy in accessories with their spring reward scheme until the end of the month

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stumpy FSR Expert vs Zesty 314 vs anything else’ is closed to new replies.