Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Stumpy EVO or Enduro EVO?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Following on from my other thread, does anypne have any experience of either of these? The Enduro is the one with the X-Fusion shocks, which I’m not too sure about.

I live in the SE with trips to Wales, Canada, SW, Scotland etc thrown in.

I do like to hit DH trails too.

Any other suggestions around the 2-2.5k mark?

why not the 2011 enduro evo (fox equipped) for £2.5K?

jonundercover
    Free Member

I managed to get a 2011 expert Evo for 2k and its fantastic, Its light enough for XC but sturdy enough for tougher terrain and climbs fairly well. Its brilliant on the downs so much fun and gives you lots of confidence. I thought about the Enduro but I think its a bit big and beefier than necessary for the stuff I ride such as Cwmcarn, Afan, Coed y Brenin etc and Natural trails. You wont be disappointed, a few things went wrong with it at first such as the BB30 and a sticky shifter but these were sorted quickly under warranty. I really can’t express how much I love this bike I’m a bit sad really lol.

mikey74
    Free Member

I managed to get a 2011 expert Evo for 2k and its fantastic, Its light enough for XC but sturdy enough for tougher terrain and climbs fairly well. Its brilliant on the downs so much fun and gives you lots of confidence. I thought about the Enduro but I think its a bit big and beefier than necessary for the stuff I ride such as Cwmcarn, Afan, Coed y Brenin etc and Natural trails. You wont be disappointed, a few things went wrong with it at first such as the BB30 and a sticky shifter but these were sorted quickly under warranty. I really can’t express how much I love this bike I’m a bit sad really lol.

Do you mean the Stumpjumper Expert Evo?

steezysix
    Free Member

Any other suggestions around the 2-2.5k mark?

And a bunch of money left over?

jonundercover
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Nice steezy, although it comes with a Lyrik 2-step, which i want to avoid like the plague.

steezysix
    Free Member

Well, they do a BOS equipped version but you’d have to stretch to a whole £2400! 😀

getonyourbike
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Ooooo now that IS nice. Has anyone actually ridden one?

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve got the 150 from last year (revelations + monarch), it’s ace.

mikey74
    Free Member

What’s the build quality of the frame like?

honourablegeorge

getonyourbike – Member

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=214

The kit on it is making me drool

The kit on that makes me want to cry, ‘cos I have most of it on my bike, and it didn’t come at that kind of price.

steezysix
    Free Member

Build quality is perfect, nice tidy welds and no issues since getting it last Autumn. I’d definitely recommend them.

mikey74
    Free Member

Or I could buy the cheaper one, sell the forks and shock, and stick on my units of choice, and still make a saving over the BOS Ltd one :mrgreen:

mikey74
    Free Member

What about the Canyon Strive? I’ve just looked at the ES 7.0 which looks an amazing spec for the money. Nicer finish than the YT too.

Cammer
    Free Member

I also have a Stumpy Evo 2011. It’s a great all round bike, and I could talk about how well it rides until the cows come home, BUT it has been high maintenance and disappointing in that respect

mikey74
    Free Member

What has been high maintenance about it?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Bit of a trip for you ( Biketreks is in the lake district ) but a bargin nonetheless :
    http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/281966/products/specialized_enduro_expert_evo_medium_2011.aspx

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, that is a bit far. Thanks though.

jamie01323
    Free Member

i have a brand new still in box 2011 s-works 140mm stumpy fsr frameset for sale. rrp is £2600. im selling for 1600 if anyone is interested. send me an email. jamie01323@hotmail.co.uk

ianv
    Free Member

I have an endure evo, the x fusion suspension is really good IMO. The forks have the feel of old school marzocchis, really plush. I would say though that they are pretty softly sprung so if you are heavy you migh need to change the springs. The bike climbs pretty well for such a big bike and it feels sorted on the descents. Have had mine since jan and ridden it a lot, so far no issues at all and it is a great bike.

trusty

Just to throw a spanner in the works, how about a standard enduro? sits between the 2 travel wise and they’re pretty capable alround. I’ve seen riders out on the enduro evo and it’s a LOT of bike for normal riding. Great for dh stuff but maybe a bit much for day to day.

mikey74
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen you can’t buy the standard Enduro in this country at the moment, unless its the S-Works version which is silly money.

The Trance X is too steep geometry-wise, and I don’t think the Reign X is too different to the SX Trail I have at the moment.

Rickos
    Free Member

2011 Stumpy EVO owner here. I’ve had a lot of bikes over the last 10 years when I got back into biking after a few years surfing and I can safely say it’s the best bike I’ve owned. It mixes the stability and ‘just let it go’ nature of my old Prophet MX, but with the fun of my old Kona Howler. Superb bike.

For info, my riding is mostly up and then down again (foresty, rooty, rocky) with very little along; FoD downhill stuff too. I also immediately swapped the forks for some Rev DT3 jobbies and put my nearly new Shimano geary bits on.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thought I’d bump this…just cause…

I’m still toying with the idea of trying to lighten my SX Trail but I fear I may be throwing good money after bad.

I am tempted by the Canyon Strive or the YT.

I’d need to sell my SX Trail though.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Stumpy EVO or Enduro EVO?’ is closed to new replies.