Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29 2016
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy this bike but does anyone know how much it weighs ?

I am currently looking to upgrade to this from my current Spec Camber Evo 29 2015. I think its guaranteed that the Stumpjumper would be better on descents/rough sections but does it climb as well as the camber or is there a noticeable difference ? I like the get the climbs over with as quickly as possible so this is important.

I’ve heard SWAT storage system can store as much as an inner tube, spare jacket, pump and some energy bars – is that the case with this bike ?

Also what does Comp mean ? I know it’s the lowest spec option for it ( I believe it’s SW, Expert, Elite & Comp in that order) but as I don’t like spending insane amounts of money on bikes as I know they’re going to get trashed by Northern England’s weather for half of the year I think the Comp is the more reasonable option.

Also is it risky to buy this without a demo ride, I’m getting the same frame size as my current Camber Evo bike was so assume it will fit the same ? I can’t demo it as I’ve found what I think is a good buy online at £2,220 from Leisure Wheels. (Unless anyone knows a better deal than this ?) usually this bike is £3000+ especially the 2017 version which doesn’t look much different.

tonyf1
    Free Member

I’ve got the idenical bike in XL. It’s a great all round trail bike but it’s not that light but none of the Stumpy’s are even at the high end. At that price I would be snapping that up before anyone else does as that’s a great price especially with the 2017 price increases.

SWAT I can get an inner tube, tyre levels, patches, CO2 and energy bars with the toolset under the rear shock and chain tool in the stem, you would be pushing it to get a rain jacket as well.

warns74
    Free Member

I have a 2016 expert carbon 29 in XL and is just under 29lbs stock.

Fantastic all-rounder.

I tend to use the Swat box for cake, you can get 3 large slices of chocolate or coffee and walnut in no problem. Not sure about tools and stuff though!

grannyjone
    Free Member

Went to try and buy it yesterday and just got told today it’s out of stock, the website only shows it being available because they sold out quicker than expected.

Does anyone know anywhere selling this bike for a similar price whether it’s the 29 or the 27.5 version ? I’m seen it for size small & medium but I’m after size large

PJM1974
    Free Member

They’re like gold dust right now, I was shopping for one of these a couple of months ago and have decided to keep my 2014 Stumpy Evo and wait for the next generation, which should hopefully be longer and slacker.

If you want a frame only deal, Bikescene had carbon frames in stock in size large a couple of weeks back for £1,400. That’s a bargain.

grannyjone
    Free Member

They are hard to find now.
    I think I might wait until September then the 2017 models should be discounted when the 2018 ones come in ?

sturdylad
    Free Member

Try calling Corley Cycles in Milton Keynes, I noticed they had a couple of 29’er Stumpy’s on Demo when I was there at the weekend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29 2016’ is closed to new replies.