Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR BB30 crankset play – urgent help please
  • slowboydickie

On my 2013 stumpy fsr there is a couple of mm play in the SRAM BB30 crankset. We’ve had the crank off and it already seems unfeasibly tight so I’m wondering if a spacing washer is missing? Has anyone had any experience with this system? I’ve only had HT2 in the past.

cheers
    Rich

JCL
    Free Member

There is just one 10mm spacer on the driveside. The rest of the slack is taken up with the non-driveside preload adjuster. That’s XO and a 12 Stumpy Evo.

orangeboy
    Free Member

The pf30 bbs can have a very short life , one person I know ride twice washed his bike then put it away for a few weeks . End result bearing sized solid

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

If its the bearings just by cheap ones off ebay, prize the bearing seal off, pack full of fresh grease. Then tap out the old ones with a screw driver and press in the new ones using the old bearings. Had the same bb fort a while now and just do this whenever they go. Takes about 15-20 mins to do once done a few times. Got 10 bearings for about 10-15 quid, enough for 5 changes.

Thats on a stumpy evo carbon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR BB30 crankset play – urgent help please’ is closed to new replies.