Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR 6fattie
  • angeldust
    Free Member

Has anyone gone from a stumpjumper FSR 29er to a 6fattie (650b +)? How did you find it? Any opinions on the 6 fattie also welcome. Ta.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Every review I’ve read online or from riders on here are glowing.

sambob
    Free Member

Dirt did a big review/comparison doing just that, I’m sure some googling would find it

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/6fattie-comp-carbon-a-mini-review

Hope that helps.

Have only had a brief spin on the 29er and it felt nice and fast rolling, but less fun somehow. I suppose I’d put it like this;
    For miles, get the 29er
    For smiles, get the 6Fattie

dahedd
    Free Member

I have a 29er & love it. A mate from the local bike shop has a 6Fattie. It’s amazing. Wish I’d gotten the fattie now but it was a present for my 40th.

Really wish I could retrofit the tyres but the back ends not wide enough.

angeldust
    Free Member

Dahedd, I have a stumpy 29er. What makes you want the 6fattie?

PS. Thanks for the comments.

mark_rich
    Free Member

I’ve recently put some 650b+ wheels in my 29er as an experiment, they fit fine with 2.8 nobby nics. Good fun to ride, a bit more playful and absolutely rails corners with the now even lower BB and added grip.

No issues at either end with clearance, even 3.0″ tyres may go in at a squeeze.

dahedd
    Free Member

I think I’ve got a fat fetish just now Angeldust. Ended up with a full blown fatbike instead. The 6fattie wasn’t available when the Mrs bought me my Stumpjumper at anyway.

I love my 29er, couldn’t get used to a mates Cannondale trigger 650b the other day when I tried it out. But my mate Matt has 5 or 6 bikes & his 6fattie is his current favourite.

Interesting pic Mark. Ill maybe give it a whirl at some point. I’ve got the 2015 version so I dunno if the rear triangles different.

mark_rich
    Free Member

My stumpy is 2013, the 2013 – 15 models are exactly the same.
    I had considered extending forks to 160 to lift BB a bit and slackening it out and fitting a 44mm syntace dropper stem to bring bars back down, I think it may be a real weapon then 🙂

angeldust
    Free Member

Anything stopping me getting an extra set of standard 29er wheels and swapping between the two on the 6fattie i.e. are 29er wheels in these hub widths readily available?

muggomagic

Nope, just need boost hubs. superstar do a reasonably priced set of hubs which you can select via the custom wheel build.

tjaard

Yep, just get any “boost” hub spacing wheel set, i.e.: 12x148mm rear, 15x110mm front.

happybiker
    Free Member

I’ve just built a 2016 29er frame up, it’s brilliant. Can anyone confirm if it will take a B plus (2.8) tyre? I specifically got a 2016 model because I didn’t want BOOST.

wwaswas

I’d buy this one just for the paint job 🙂

LMT
    Free Member

It does look great! ive got a Fuse on its way hopefully get it today or tomorrow!

bomberman
    Free Member

mark_rich, what Spesh model is that?

You’re all making want a new bike 🙁

ianpv
    Free Member

I’m running my 2012 stumpy 29er with B+ tyres, and it is fun. I’ve swapped back and forth between my normal wheels and the B+, both have pros and cons, but depending on the riding you do I don’t think you’d regret it…

happybiker
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, the 2016 has a shorter back end so I’m not sure it will take a B plus tyre.

dave_h
    Free Member

I saw a post of Facebook that they should have called it the Plumpjumper.

muggomagic

Plumpjumper.

Excellent 😆 That’s what I’m calling mine from now on.

mark_rich
    Free Member

bomberman – Member
    mark_rich, what Spesh model is that?
    You’re all making want a new bike

Sorry for slow reply but it’s a 2013 29er expert evo carbon

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR 6fattie’ is closed to new replies.