Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR 29er – Fork travel advice / experience?
  • warns74
    Free Member

Hi all,

Thinking about building up a Stumpy FSR 29er from a 2013 carbon comp frame. Keen on the RS Pike but wondering what length travel. Rear suss is 130mm and the original bike would have had 130mm fork. The Pike options in 29er are either 140 or 150mm travel.

Looking for any experience of running 140/150mm forks on this frame and any advice, pros/cons? Quite like the idea of 150mm travel but will it ruin the ride?

Thanks 🙂

JCL
    Free Member

Get an Evo instead and run 140mm.

warns74
    Free Member

Question relates to fork travel on non-Evo model.
    Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uselesshippy
    Free Member

A mate of mine ran his with 140mm forks, and an offset bushing to compensate on the bb height. It rode nice.

JCL
    Free Member

Fair enough but looking at what you want to achieve you would be way better off going down the Evo route. The bike is perfectly balanced with the stock suspension travel, Evo or non Evo.

warns74
    Free Member

JCL – 2013 Evo frames in my size are not available and the 2014 version is £2500, hence why I am looking at the non-Evo version.

Ive logged a question with Spesh UK to get their view on what may or may not invalidate the frame warranty in terms of travel but otherwise a simple question about who is running what?

trusty

The 2013 carbon comp frame LOOKS exactly the same as the evo model, including down to mouldings for the ISG mounts (although they’re blanked off) so it should take a longer fork. I’m sure I read somewhere that the frames are essentially the same, it’s the Evo link that changes the geometry and stuff. Whether Spesh will let you without voiding your warranty is something else!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR 29er – Fork travel advice / experience?’ is closed to new replies.