Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stumpjumper Availability
  • angeldust
    Free Member

I’m interested in buying a STUMPJUMPER FSR COMP EVO 29 2015 next year. I would like to buy it using my company cycle to work scheme, which means I won’t be able to get a voucher until March/April.
    I’ve read a couple of times that these models tend to sell out very quickly (despite the fact that spec wise, they don’t look great value, but that’s another story…and I still want one), but I don’t believe much I read in MBR. I asked in a specialized stockist a couple of weeks ago about availability in Large, and there was currently plenty of stock, and they did not seem to think there would be much trouble about sourcing one in March/April.
    This shop will buy one in for me now (with a deposit) and store it until the voucher arrives. They also gave me the option of buying it for cash now and cashing in the voucher with them in March (I suspect this is illegal!?).
    My question is, shall I put a deposit down now to guarantee getting the bike I want? The only real reason for not doing so is if I change my mind between now and March! Are there any bike industry folks/specialized dealers out there who could give me some of their experience on availability?

shortcut

I had no problem getting onein April this year!

funkybaj
    Free Member

I’d love to have a commute where I benefited from a Stumpy Evo 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wiggles
    Free Member

Hard to say but I’m pretty sure all the 26″ ones were sold out around that time as they launched the 650b model in may but we still have some 2014 29ers. Just luck really whether lots of people your size buy the same bike. I would just pay the deposit (or wait for the 2016 model).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Some models do sell out quickly, no idea which ones, I guess it’s not going to be the same ones every year.

angeldust
    Free Member

I’d love to have a commute where I benefited from a Stumpy Evo

Frankly, I don’t know how I’m coping without it.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If you want it put a deposit down . Nobody can tell you exactly when they will run out but winning bike of the year in one of the mags won’t do sales any harm . The Specialized dealer website is constantly being updated so you could just leave it and ask your dealer to give you a ring when Specialized are showing say less than 15 in stock and you could get a deposit down then and they could order it for you .

Pete-B
    Free Member

A fine choice Sir!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tax avoidance!!!!

Is the office at the bottom of a big hill?

rene59
    Free Member

Tax avoidance!!!!

Is the office at the bottom of a big hill?

It’s a cycle to work scheme, not a cycle to office scheme. Maybe the op works in the great outdoors.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yep, hence the question…..

…and the odds?

angeldust
    Free Member

Yes, it will be used to get to work. Not sure why you would care, other than being jealous of having access to the scheme???

iainc

So can you get that within the £1000 limit or do you get a top up option on your scheme ?

edit – just read your post from a few months ago, please ignore

angeldust
    Free Member

We have a £3000 limit

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper Availability’ is closed to new replies.