Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Stuff you've got in the house that you don't know what to do with:
  • howarthp

If people have vinyl LPs they don’t want then let me know – I love it!

landcruiser
    Free Member

PSP with Games and Movies.

Genuine MB Roof Bars for Mercedes CLS and Mercedes E Class Estate.

PS2 with Games.

Old Bang & Olufsen Music Centre.

Sony Video Camera (Not Digital before anyone asks)

And a whole loft of stuff !

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

All stuff that i could maybe shift on ebay but i would get a fraction of the original value (if anything for) and so i am reluctant to part with it.

And you could also buy on ebay for next to nothing if you ever changed your mind and decided that you really did need a mini disk player after all.

Rio

2 windsurfers, currently being used as shelves in the garage, one day I’ll have to cut them up and take them down the tip but I can’t bring myself to do it yet.

Pair of Salomon 1080s, gone a bit soft, see above.

Assorted diving kit, not used since I got asthma.

2 DVD players and 2 Freeview recorders in the loft.

Photographic processing kit and enlarger, also in the loft.

The potential need for roof repairs means I’ll have to empty the loft at some stage and sort a lot of this out. Mostly not worth ebaying though, and taking it down the tip recycling centre seems such a waste.

Cougar

Tamiya R/C car

They must hold their value.

You know, I’ve no idea. It was entry level when it was new, but it’s barely used.

PS2 with Games.

Oh god, consoles.

PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube… All worth about 20p now.

coffeeking
    Free Member

2 windsurfers, currently being used as shelves in the garage, one day I’ll have to cut them up and take them down the tip but I can’t bring myself to do it yet.

Where are you? What boards are they?

Why hoard? Get rid of it whilst it still has some value, clutter is annoying and eventually likely to be worthless ending up in a dump. So give it a 2nd life whilst you still can!

Depends if you call it hoarding. Most of my stuff is things I’ll use again, some day, just not yet. The rest is stuff that I’ll probably strip down to components and hack together into something electromechanically fun. Plus some old PC bits that hold no value.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I had a massive clearout of Lego, Star Wars stuff, Action Man and a big pile of board gameswhen I moved house 7 years ago and regret it now!

Still have a Nintendo Game Boy, a Tamiya car, massive box of Scalextric and a Subbuteo pitch glued to a board with a load of nearly-complete teams.

If anyone’s got any lego they want rid of, my little boy would be very happy to take it off your hands.

Want to set up a swap shop?!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Cougar, what is it, my brother had a Thunderdragon I think. He eventually swapped it for an ultra high end carbon fibre chassis thing that I can’t remember the name of but he never got that going, no idea what happened to that.

Cougar

It is, ah, a Madcap I think. Built to stock apart from uprated suspension (the original was terrible) and I left the sticker off the wing because it was terrible (it read “Never Give Up!!” or something equally cringeworthy).

Somewhere in this dump is a bag-o-bits with chargers and controllers; I’m blowed if I know where though.

uwe-r
    Free Member

edit – that didnt work!

elzorillo
    Free Member

A 22 year old unemployed son, happy and perfectly willing to spend the rest of his days either in bed or playing computer games !

VanHalen

Cougar,

I`ll have it! if you dont want it that is. i resurrected mine a year or so ago after keeping it for years and years.

i`ve an old (circa 20 odd yrs old) tamiya i use on my pump track – its ace. i need (ok maybe need is the wrong word!) another car for the eldest so we can race…

let me know…

uwe-r
    Free Member

Somewhere i have an external firewire cd/dvd reader/writer. I assume that is also now worthless. Is firewire redundant now?

nigel75
    Free Member

Teaboy – I would be keen to take the Subbuteo teams off you if you are willing to sell.

flyingmonkeycorps

Photographic processing kit and enlarger, also in the loft.

Would probably take that off you if you want rid… For a donation to a charity of your choice maybe?

Or some original Xbox games? 😉

andytherocketeer

Not so much the fact that it’s worth a fraction of the original cost, but that fact that it’s a faff to stick it on ebay or whatever and visit the post office daily to post it all.

For starters…
    Nintendo N64 +games
    Nintendo Gamecube +games
    Atari 1040Ste +games etc.
    Couple of CRT monitors
    1 defective 32in CRT TV
    Random PC bits… mobos, RAM sticks, etc. (might be a case or 2 too)
    1 Scott Vail MTB (ca. 1996)
    1 Ridgeback Rapide roadbike (ca. 1989)
    1 Canon EOS SLR 35mm (forget the model – the one that was one above the Dixon’s exclusive)
    1 cheap hifi (effectively been an ornament for 8 years)

theteaboy
    Free Member

nigel75 – Member
    Teaboy – I would be keen to take the Subbuteo teams off you if you are willing to sell.

Thanks but I couldn’t bring myself to chuck them years ago and I’m living in hope that they’ll be played with again soon!

I’ll have a rummage and let you know if I’ve got any I can spare.

nigel75
    Free Member

No probs teaboy. If you do let me know via email. Cheers

cr500dom
    Free Member

I have a Quad 33 / 303 sat in a cardboard box in the shed…..
    My Father moved recently and he was going to put it in the skip !?!?
    Bad memories for him of trying to sell it a few years ago and getting seriously harrassed by a quad “Expert”

I couldnt let him skip it…. but I cant bring myself to ebay it !!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Several old cameras including my pride and Joy , a Rollei 35 SE. Also a 10foot plus stack of land rover mags, twice that of climbing mags,16 years of TBM mag, a stack of old clothes that are a touch to worn for work but i have to many to wear out first for knock about use. Heaps of old MTB wheels with rusty rustless spokes, Over a dozen pairs of mountain boots and I only use one pair, and 10 pairs of rock boots/shoes and I haven’t climbed since ’96. Oh yeah and a big blue barrel full of climbing gear.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Stuff you've got in the house that you don't know what to do with:’ is closed to new replies.