Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stuff to do around Matlock with a baby
  • stumpy01

We’re off to a holiday cottage near Matlock, second week of September and are looking for things to do.
    We’ve got a 10 month old daughter, so will be looking for things to do in the area with her in tow….

We’ve found a few wildlife park things, Matlock is good for a visit and we might venture to Ladybower reservoir for a walk, or perhaps Dovedale.
    There’s Chatsworth House with a farm park/play area too…
    No doubt Bakewell will get a look in so we can buy a Bakewell pudding!

Anything else…it’d be good to have suggestions of things people have done….thanks!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Satanic sacrifices.

jekkyl

leave the baby with it’s mother and head off into the hills on a mtb! there’s great trails all round the area.

With a baby that young just do what you would do before the baby appeared but with a pushchair and/or sling.

stumpy01

eddiebaby – Member

Satanic sacrifices.

A great suggestion! Is there a soft play place offering this kind of thing?

jekkyl – Member

leave the baby with it’s mother and head off into the hills on a mtb! there’s great trails all round the area.

With a baby that young just do what you would do before the baby appeared but with a pushchair and/or sling.

Yep, I’d love to get out for some riding – not been to the area for a ride in a while!
    But, it’s a family holiday, so not sure sneaking off with the bike will go down well.

We generally do jus get on with what we’d normally do and she’s quite happy bumbling along, but it would be nice to tailor our trip so keep her entertained if there’s suitable stuff in the local area.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Babies love a good courtroom drama.

stumpy01

perchypanther – Member

Babies love a good courtroom drama.

I’m sure there’s a reference in there, that I’m too young for….? 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stuff to do around Matlock with a baby’ is closed to new replies.