Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stuff that warrants a 160mm bike in the Pentlands?
  • ohrats
    Free Member

Could any Pentlands riders point me in the direction of any decent riding that would be ok on a 160mm full sus in the Pentlands or surrounding area? I don’t have my hardtail at the moment so would like to take a spin round some hills this weekend but not sure if any of the stuff in the pentlands would be interesting on a long travel bike. Cheers

Liftman

The downhill tracks at Bonaly

stoney
    Free Member

Go back n get ur HT! 😉

jamiep
    Free Member

The Nibbler (ie the downhill stuff near Bonay)

NZCol

Those DH tracks would be lethal in the wet, I live just down the road. Anything will be OK but I’d you are seeking hardcore DH action then you may be disappointed. Lovely riding all over at the moment.

Ps if anyone local wants to go and do some riding drop me a line !

rickon
    Free Member

Pop over to Inners? Golfy, walkerburn, inners DH trails?

ohrats
    Free Member

Im really keen to check out some inners off piste stuff, Iv only ever ridden the DH trails. Not sure where any of the enduro trails are tbh.

ojom
    Free Member

I ride 160mm there. It’s all I have. You’ll be fine.

Ride what you have.

P.s. I am on the edge of the Bonaly bit of you want someone to show you the trails in question – but i won’t promise to ride them as mini ojom is due in 10 weeks and I kinda need an intact body and I’m a bit crap.

ohrats
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer ojom, Iv ridden the white hill trails before. They’re pretty cool, I suppose the longer xc routes would be overkill on a 160mm smasher.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stuff that warrants a 160mm bike in the Pentlands?’ is closed to new replies.