Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stuff it I'm sticking with 26"
  • oldgit
    Free Member

And going back to 3×9 oh yes.
    I needed a new frame and forks so if there was ever a time to jump ship it was now.
    Had a good old think, I don’t XC a lot, my race circuits if and when I do them are very very tight and I’ve got a lot of good XT stuff. So I’ve gone for a 26″ Scandal and rigid carbons and a few trick bits from KCNC.

I’m also getting a set of triple rings. Whilst I thought the DIY 2×9 was the best move in ages back in the summer when the going was quick, I found I missed the granny in the quagmire and snow that followed. I’m keeping the 2×9 rings though in case I race.

I feel strangely happy now I’ve decided, well apart from the fact I can’t decide on either Esi chunky’s or Ergon race with built in ends?

Kryton57

Renthal Kevlar – awesome. XT 2 x 10 (28/40 7 36-11) in the mud and snow, awsome 😀

titusrider
    Free Member

Also very happy on my 2 * 9 (bash) and 26 thank you very much

(some of this is coz im only 5’8 and I dont see the case for 29er for shorties)

fasthaggis

The world breathes a sigh of relief 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

5’8″ here. I did use a 29er on some 24 solos, and I also had a 69er, but when ‘I’ raced them on tight circuits I fell right back.

I need to check my DIY ratios, sure I’ve got 28/36 up front, not sure if I’ve got 32 or 34 on the back.

oldgit
    Free Member

The world breathes a sigh of relief

Well it can when I sort the grips.

ahwiles
    Free Member

oldgit – Member

…Whilst I thought the DIY 2×9 was the best move in ages back in the summer when the going was quick, I found I missed the granny…

you done it wrong.

asterix
    Free Member

Also 5’8″ here. Tried a few 29er – havent found one yet that feel right for me. Still on rigid 26er but with XT 2 x 10 which is great

fasthaggis

You need to get a grip ?

🙂

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Grips: ESI silicon all the way…if only they made bar tape!

oldgit
    Free Member

you done it wrong.

wot u meen?

ahwiles
    Free Member

you removed the granny ring.

most people remove the largest chainring. – Keeping all the usefull low gears, only losing a gear or 2 that are only any use for a few moments of top speed on a tarmac descent.

but you can of course do what you want.

njee20
    Free Member

you removed the granny ring.

most people remove the largest chainring. – Keeping all the usefull low gears, only losing a gear or 2 that are only any use for a few moments of top speed on a tarmac descent.

but you can of course do what you want.

Horses for courses innit. I removed my granny ring in 2006 and have never wanted another one! Not used smaller than 28t since. Not for everyone though.

lucien

5’8″ here. I did use a 29er on some 24 solos, and I also had a 69er, but when ‘I’ raced them on tight circuits I fell right back.

I had a 69er once, then I got married…….

IGMC

oldgit
    Free Member

^^^^^ Dirty boy.

Anyway, looks like I went a bit silly, 36/28 up front only 32 max out back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stuff it I'm sticking with 26"’ is closed to new replies.