• This topic has 50 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Stuff doesn't last long does it…clothes
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

ya get me fam?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Don’t laugh, they’re going to be providing your pension…

jota180
    Free Member

Years for me too, the missus is forever trying to get me to buy more stuff and bin some of the older stuff for no good reason.
    I’m sat here now in a TT 1997 T shirt, still plenty of life in it.

GrahamS

ya get me fam?

Bless. I’m sure he’ll grow into them.

kiwijohn

I still wear a Swandri my mother bought me in 88.
    Much to the disgust of my workmates. It’s never been washed.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Primark for cheap clothes? pffffft

2 years ago I bought a dozen heavyweight cotton Fruit of the Loom t-shirts from http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk for around £2 each.

They’re all still wearable and in decent condition.

😀

Bet a Primark t-shirt wouldn’t be £2, and certainly wouldn’t last 2 years.

As you can probably guess, I couldn’t give a monkeys about clothes. Provided I’m not cold and naked in public then that’s all that’s required.

McHamish
    Free Member

My t-shirts and hoodies tend to be branded stuff (snowboard brands etc), i have some that are years old and are still in good condition.

You can tell the difference between cheap t-shirts or hoodies and good quality ones…thicker material, heavier, and retain shape. Cheaper or poor quality t-shirts tend to lose their shape and billow out at the back (probably due to my incredibly muscular back poor posture).

I exclude SuperDry though – IMHO their t-shirts and hoodies are cheaply made and over priced.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Skateboarding puts an end to most of my clothes pretty quick… Ripping off back pockets and ripping the crotch seem to have been the most common issues, t shirts go around the hem, I go through expensive socks at a rate that I cannot explain. Hoodies last a while but get shredded eventually after about a year. I also kill about 6 pairs of skate shoes/ trainers and at least 1 waterproof coat a year. Half is clumsiness I reckon.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more Hamish Superdry stuff is shit.

thomthumb
    Free Member

some of my tshirts i’ve owned for over half my life. 8)

Joe

Yeh so the socks thing…I SMASH expensive socks. I really like them…and buy them thinking they’ll last an age and within a few months they are holed.

Maybe because I walk round the house/office with them.

I think my thighs are too big. But more Chris Hoy than chubbsy.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Stuff doesn't last long does it…clothes’ is closed to new replies.