Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Student burns £20 in front of homeless man
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-picture-cambridge-tory-rich-9789319

What a asshat, this will haunt him the rest of his life.

ransos
    Free Member

What a asshat, this will haunt him the rest of his life.

Really? It sounds like an entrance exam for the Tory cabinet.

jam-bo

£20 on making the tory front bench by 2030?

wwaswas

Neck like a turtle with a pencil shoved up its arse.

701arvn
    Free Member

If he was one of mine, I’d give his allowance to the homeless person for the rest of his stint at University.

See how he liked that.

gobuchul
    Free Member

How punchable is his smug face?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Total ****
    Hates the Poor
    Lacks enough practical knowledge to set fire to paper.

I for one welcome our 2040 Tory Prime Minister.

DezB
    Free Member

I bet none of us have had a single moment of dickheadedness in our teenage years.

revs1972
    Free Member

£20 ???
    Well , I guess we are in times of austerity.
    Didn’t you have to burn a £50 to get into the Bullingdon club ?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Utterly deplorable.

Next thing you know he’ll ride past an unemployed person on a bicycle which costs more than a years Jobseekers Allowance.

wwaswas

a single moment of dickheadedness in our teenage years.

Most of our moments of dickheadedness probably didn’t show our complete underlying contempt for those who were less fortunate than ourselves?

alexpalacefan

Cheapskate!
    It’s £50 to get into the Bullingdon Club.

And also, Tory w*%^$@

APF

Jamie
    Free Member

I bet none of us have had a single moment of dickheadedness in our teenage years.

I did plenty. Never burned money in front of a homeless person, tho.

This shouldn’t be a partisan issue. Bloke is just a bit of a nob. Hopefully lesson learned.

jonnyboi

It has been rumoured that burning a £50 note in front of a homeless person is one of the initiation ceremonies of Oxford’s notorious Bullingdon club.

DezB
    Free Member

didn’t show our complete underlying contempt for those who were less fortunate than ourselves?

I also spent no time whatsoever helping in a homeless shelter charity.

Hey, he sounds like a ****, but judging someone on a story in the Daily **** Mirror? **** that.

km79
    Free Member

In the video, Coyne, a distant relative of Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, is heard saying “some homeless shelter”.

[quote]Coyne is the nephew of the First Minster’s sister-in-law’s ex-husband.[/quote]

Talk about a tenuous link!

nickc

plenty, not as idiotic as this though.

wwaswas

I also spent no time whatsoever helping in a homeless shelter charity.

I’m not sure teenagers are given a choice between:

A) Taunt the homeless
    B) Become Mother Teresa.

Mostly ignoring homeless people and throwing some money in a tin every now and again when they think about it is all that society expects of teenagers surely?

Junkyard
    Free Member

as noted we all did daft things as kids/yoofs but that is not daft it is heartless. I never did anything remotely that showed a lack of empathy for fellow humans much less fortunate than me and i certainly never did it for a “Laugh”
    who knows if it was out of character or not but it is most unlikely they would not have said what they have said.

ElShalimo

Having read a lot of the threads on this site over the years, I’d imagine he goes to the same watering hole as several of our “contributors”.
    😥

jam-bo

plenty, not as idiotic as this though.

dunno, i bet i’m not alone in being glad mobile phones and the associated ability to record & share everything, for ever wasn’t around when I was younger and stupider.

avdave2

Most of our moments of dickheadedness probably didn’t show our complete underlying contempt for those who were less fortunate than ourselves?

True, but you seem to be showing a underlying contept for those more fortunate than yourself 🙂

plyphon
    Free Member

haha who is called Ronald in the year 2017

theflatboy
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

dunno, i bet i’m not alone in being glad mobile phones and the associated ability to record & share everything, for ever wasn’t around when I was younger and stupider.

You’re not. Many many incidents spring to mind! 😳 😯

mudshark
    Free Member

Having read the whole story he seems like a decent chap that made a mistake – goaded into it/drunk?

km79
    Free Member

I’ve done worse than that to more people in my youth, plenty will have if they were honest enough to stop for a minute and think about it. I was never at Cambridge though nor a Tory. Not only did he got caught where many of us didn’t, he got caught in a period of time where his actions can be immediately dissected on various forms of media and he will no doubt be hounded for it for the weeks to come.

ton

in life, some people deserve a good hiding…………Fact

Junkyard
    Free Member

what did you do beat up the homeless or burn their sleeping bag?

matt_outandabout

This.

Teens and young adults make monumental c*ck ups. It is how we learned, it is how they learn. This does not mean that behavior like this is somehow OK, it is unacceptable and wrong. There should be consequences – but ones the lad can learn from and move on in life from a wiser and better person for it.

jimjam
    Free Member

km79

I’ve done worse than that to more people in my youth, plenty will have if they were honest enough to stop for a minute and think about it.

Yeah sure, if you define worse by illegal, ie drunk driving or illegal drugs…maybe. But I doubt the majority of people will have done anything that clearly demonstrates a sneering contempt for other people and a complete lack of empathy.

I am struggling to think of a time in my youth when I made a conscious public effort to belittle or dehumanise someone. Nope. Can’t think of any.

I do vividly remember getting into a brawl with a gang of scumbags one freezing night because they assaulted the homeless guy I’d just given my hat to. Maybe that was worse.

Cougar

he will no doubt be hounded for it for the weeks to come.

Years, more like.

“Nice guy who made a mistake” or no, calling out stuff like this hopefully might make someone else think twice about pulling a similar stunt. I wonder if it’s crossed his mind to donate to charity / give money to the homeless by way of an apology? I may have more sympathy then.

“He was a nice guy, quiet, kept himself to himself. He only did the one murder, we all make mistakes.”

Dickyboy

What he has done is awful but modern media does seem to cause an ott knee jerk response that I am glad wasn’t available in my day. I mean doorstepping his mum and tenuous linking to Nicola sturgeon for christ sake 🙁

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

There should be consequences – but ones the lad can learn from and move on in life from a wiser and better person for it.

It’s on the interweb! I’m sure there will be inopportune consequences for him throughout his lifetime.
    Once a nobba…

outofbreath
    Free Member

“He did two years of volunteering at a shelter homeless shop in Edinburgh.”

Respect for that.

kimbers

revs1972 – Member
    £20 ???
    Well , I guess we are in times of austerity.
    Didn’t you have to burn a £50 to get into the Bullingdon club ?

indeed, Bojo would be horrified that a waanabe Tory could only muster up a 20

km79
    Free Member

I wonder if it’s crossed his mind to donate to charity / give money to the homeless by way of an apology?

from the article

“It’s completely out of character. He did two years of volunteering at a shelter homeless shop in Edinburgh. It’s very surprising.

[quote]“He spoke to us after the event and said he’d done something very stupid and felt really bad about it.

“He went out a few nights later around Cambridge with one of his friends to do the homeless run and give out tea, coffee and sandwiches to them.[/quote]

DezB
    Free Member

Do what? you read the article?? 😉

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I never did anything remotely that showed a lack of empathy for fellow humans”

You don’t seem to be showing much empathy for this lad!

cookeaa

This shouldn’t be a partisan issue. Bloke is just a bit of a nob. Hopefully lesson learned.

Except it is, because the moron has gotten to a nice Red brick Uni, and then fallen in with the Tory boys and apparently taken up behaving like an entitled little shit… Like it or not lots of people will join the dots.

Better yet…

The Cambridge University Conservative Association (CUCA) confirmed Coyne was their communications officer

Perfect…

Stoner
    Free Member

What’s all this talk of Bullingdon?

Wrong shade of blue!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Student burns £20 in front of homeless man’ is closed to new replies.