Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Studded Tyres – where to buy?
  • trailmax
    Free Member

Winter seems to stay longer than I like it to.
    Commuting on 1" slick tyres is not an option anymore.
    I've checked out most of online shops and all of them are out of stock for studded tyres.

Any pointers where I can get a studded 1.5-2.1" tyre for an "ok" price?
    I'll call about local bike shops tomorrow morning, but doubt they have anything in stock either.

p.s. will have to make one myself if can't buy anything.

trail_rat
    Free Member

continental claws are in stock at madison so lbs should be able to get em for you – 120s mind …

mayb over kill for a commute though

trailmax
    Free Member

cheers for the pointer, never shopped at madison before – will bookmark -)

yeah, you are right, 120 studs and £80 for a set of tyres are a bit overkill…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicyclo

trailmax – Member
    …yeah, you are right, 120 studs and £80 for a set of tyres are a bit overkill…

Not really. You'll probably never wear them out, and it's much cheaper than an accident.

wwaswas

allterraincycles were advertising various different snow tyres before christmas.

Bream
    Free Member

Lots over here but guess it won't be cheap!

Swedish online bike shops

whyter

Do a search – there was a thread yesterday about making your own. I just have; £5 of screws from B+Q, double layer of duct tape and a pair of old Mud Mads. Perfect for this morning's commute in Midlothian.

BREAM

your ex car sucks in snow ? only got it up 1st part of drive last night just before Mikes . only 15 foot than ang could get it ?? need to get 2cv wheels on it with some of the tyres above on .

Cheers pal an enjoy snow over there love j

trailmax
    Free Member

Not really. You'll probably never wear them out, and it's much cheaper than an accident.

yeah, and use them only 3 times.. whats the point of getting something very expencive, when you can find same half the price.

Anyway, after market research, I decided to do my own studs with pop rivets. Need to find appropriate 1.5" tyres for this, as my old High Rollers 2.35 on a roadish bike was overkill, even for snow -)

Bream
    Free Member

BREAM

your ex car sucks in snow ? only got it up 1st part of drive last night just before Mikes . only 15 foot than ang could get it ?? need to get 2cv wheels on it with some of the tyres above on .

Cheers pal an enjoy snow over there love j
    Depends who is driving 😉 Ang should have been ok 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Studded Tyres – where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.