Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stuck with tubless? A handy hint settng it up…
  • mysterymove
    Free Member

I’ve eventually got round to converting my Stans flows to tubeless with the hope conversion kit and single ply folding high rollers.

I don’t know if i’m dumb or i missed this in the instructions?
    But after struggling for 30 minutes pumping away with the track pump blowing bubbles I was ready throw my toys out of the pram!

So ran through it methodically
    1 – use a standard tube to inflate the tyre and get the beads to sit correctly
    2 – remove the tube – at least one side of the tyre is seated!
    3 – Add washing up liquid solution
    4 – run a tyre lever round the rim with the hook of the lever behind the bead but use you fingers to make sure the tyre doesn’t come off the rim – effectively pulling the bead of the tyre into the correct place – i found i had to run the lever round a couple of times to get it to work.
    5 – pump tyre up – pop straight into place and holding air without any sealant!
    6- remove valve core and add sealant
    7 – re pump tyres back up
    8 – go ride 😀

Hope this will save anyone the embarrassment of upsetting their neighbors by swearing profusely at an inanimate object 😳

messiah
    Free Member

Good work sir… a couple more for you.

Clean inside of tyre first – scrub or use meths etc to degrease to help the sealant.

If you have the time leave the tube in overnight to set the tyre shape prior to attempting tubeless.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

In 5 remove the valve core to get the air in quick enough to seat the bead on the rim.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stuck with tubless? A handy hint settng it up…’ is closed to new replies.