Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stuck preload adjuster (Marzocchi 55 RC3ti)
  • generallevi
    Free Member

Guys,

Had my 2012 Marzocchi Rc3ti for about 9 months now and it has been mega.The issue is that recently it has stopped clicking on the preload adjuster and takes a massive effort just to move it at all. Feels like you are going to snap it.

Have loosened the tiny Allen key bolt fully but it makes no difference. Any ideas before I get in touch with Windwave?

All the best,
    Lee.

ribena
    Free Member

There is no preload adjuster

generallevi
    Free Member

Ribena,

I’m not going to come on here and ask about something, in a reasonable manner if there wasn’t a preload adjuster.
    There is, so please only comment if you know what your talking about.

Lee.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

are you sure youre not confusing the hi/lo compression for preload? Like ribena said, there is no preload adjusment dial. Youve got hi/lo and rebound dials. Preload is set with air.

wwaswas

what they said, preload is air on those forks.

Which dial is the one causing the problem, the red or gold one?

generallevi
    Free Member

Fellas,

The preload on this fork is coil, its a grey/silver knob and has around 30 clicks of adjustment. There is also an air assist feature sat inside the middle of the rebound dial which can be used to add a little bit more for riders whose weight puts them at the limits of a given spring, however utilising this had been said to cause issues with small bump sensitivty.

The compression for this fork is on the bottom right leg and is not related in anyway to what I am saying.

I appreciate the help but its getting dragged off topic by non factual advice. Take it from me there is a preload adjuster, its grey, its on the left side of the fork, its coil based and its independent from the air assist and compression dials. If you still don’t believe me do a google search before telling me in wrong.

All the best,
    Lee.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My 66 did this. I took the cap off. Stuck a socket on there and freed it off. Fine now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stuck preload adjuster (Marzocchi 55 RC3ti)’ is closed to new replies.