Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Stuck in a hole.
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

Imagine being stuck in a hole a mile underground with all your workmates until Christmas! *shudders at the thought*

I can barely put up with some of the guys I work with for one shift. What a nightmare!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Slight tangent – Who from STW would you choose to be stuck in said hole with?

*Shudders at the thought*

Then chooses FoxyChick, Cinnamon-Girl and the other ladies! 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

I only really know Elfinsafety *double shudder!*

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be another thread full of Wrecsam references… 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

ha! I'm just a bit bored, but can you imagine? you don't get to choose your workmates. But being stuck in a hole underground with them for months? Forget the water and supplies, just send me down a shotgun!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Poor sod he had to put up with me for four days! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

been waiting for Chillies big brother for ages

donsimon
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Imagine if one of them dies……..it's gonna smell 😐

I wouldn't advise shooting anyone Kevevs……not if you're left with a corpse for a few weeks in a confined space with high humidity and 30c temperature.

Kevevs
    Free Member

well, I hadn't thought that far. I'm just making stuff up. But it must be a terrible situation to be in? I'm trying to imagine it. They are going to go full on mental bonkers no?.

Do you reckon they have a pack of cards with pics of Linda Lusardi on 'em?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Slight tangent – Who from STW would you choose to be stuck in said hole with?

What would be the worst combination?

TJ
    SimonFBarnes
    Hora
    Smee/Glupton
    ErnieLynch
    MrWoppit
    Shibboleth

and erm, er….

(creeps away as quietly as possible..)

donsimon
    Free Member

Apparently they were due out last week, but when they heard Davina McCall was at the entrance to welcome them, they did a u-turn!

On a more serious note, there were signs of depression until they had contact with the families. Contact with the outside world must be vital…

trail_rat
    Free Member

im stuck in a house with my work mates for 6 weeks ….. thats bad enough – least i can go out for a walk ….

aracer
    Free Member

You'd have to add CF to that mix in order to properly wind up TJ and ernie.

Strangely enough I think I'd actually cope with being stuck with the people I work with at the moment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What, Flashheart aracer ? LOL ! 😀 No one winds me up, and if anyone could, it wouldn't the good captain !

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nah, when things get heavy, Flashy ain't got the guns. Ernie and TJ would eat him alive. I think old Shibby would be eaten quite early on, too.

'But lads, we've got supplies to last us six months'

'**** it, we'll eat him anyway. Saves us having to put up with his nonsense'.

Hora would probably drive everyone insane. I'd fear for his life.

Poor buggers trapped down there though eh? Jeeze. Can't imagine much worse really. 🙁

Duggan

I think the psychology of it is quite interesting- the oldest guy is organising them all pretty strictly and apparently his experience managing a local amateur football team is proving invaluable now- who'd have thought?

They've also been told to designate separate recreation, work and sleeping areas and are organised into teams doing shift work, cleaning, maintaining, checking etc, as well as rigging up lighting to keep a clear day/night schedule.

Still, I can only imagine how it must feel when they found out how long it would take to rescue them 😕

'Hey guy's we've drilled a hole to give you some stuff! Do you want some water?'

'Yeah!!!, We need water'

'How about some food?'

'Yeah, give us food!;

'And some Christmas presents?'

'What?'

duntmatter
    Free Member

when things get heavy, Flashy ain't got the guns.

Hahahahaha

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No but it's true though Duntmatter. He can give it a bit at the beginning, but then Ernie will toy with him then destroy him. He just can't stay on the same page. Seen it time and time again.

Ernie's nasty. Really 'orrible. Poor Flashy would be reduced to tears in minutes. 🙁

Ooh you wouldn't wanna eat Ernie. Too grizzly.

Kevevs
    Free Member

meanwhile…. people are stuck down a hole having the same conversation. That **** over there, I don't like him, I can't even see him!

user-removed
    Free Member

Add Mark Datz to that list to ensure another smelly corpse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What you talking about Effin ?

I'm just a simple and humble member of the proletariat.

In such a situation, I would expect the Captain to provide leadership ……. using the leadership skills he honed on the playing fields of Eton, and at Sandhurst.

It's at desperate times like that, that great leaders step forward. I'm sure the good Captain would provide that much needed leadership ….. gawd bless'im

Kevevs
    Free Member

mark datz doesn't deserve to be put in a grim nasty hole, what did he do!?. This place needs his daftness.

konabunny
    Free Member

I don't think overcrowding would be much of a concern in an STW mine trap because there are only half as many actual posters as there are personalities…

hora
    Free Member

You do realise that if you were stuck underground with me one of you would have to become the comfort bride for me 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hora, you'd be gelded straight away, stop all of that nonsense.

Actually, I don't think we need a 'stuck down a hole' as an excuse. Binners! Fetch the pruning shears…

It's for the best, Hora.

thepurist

Q: How many of those trapped STWers could legitimately complain that they were able to ride their bikes less than usual? 😀

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Only way I'd be down a hole with any of you lot is with a very large supply of chilled PG and vast quantities of Green and Black 85% chocolate. 8)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Oh, and a gag for Elfinsantasgrotto!! 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They really are going to go proper mentalist aren't they? I can't see how they could last that long in such a small space without going into orbit.

Then in about 5 years someone will make a film about it.

hora
    Free Member

On a grim note I do question the chances of this particular rescue bore-hole working and if they have to restart the drilling from a new hole and at what point 🙁

After all- didn't they start exploratory small holes previous to the working access one? 🙁

steve-g
    Free Member

Because of this thread I now have Alice in Chains, Down in a Hole…the unplugged version on constant loop in my head

tron
    Free Member

On a grim note I do question the chances of this particular rescue bore-hole working and if they have to restart the drilling from a new hole and at what point

I'm struggling to understand the question.

hora
    Free Member

According to yesterdays Times the depth is actually more like 8 Big Bens.

Anyone who works in oil/minning on here?

I'm just questioning 'what if' they get the angle of drilling by even 1 degree wrong OR they hit a difficult seem etc?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member
    Only way I'd be down a hole with any of you lot is with a very large supply of chilled PG and vast quantities of Green and Black 85% chocolate.

….. runs off to buy a few cases of PG, green & blacks and a spade. 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I wonder if they'll have to wear helmets as they eventually ascend the rescue tunnel? If TJ was there, would he refuse to wear a helmet and elect to stay in the hole as a protest?

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Bringing back a serious tone, if there even was one to start, I was wondering if there was anything could be sent over to Chile and gifted to these guys to provide some distraction from the situation they are in.
    Sure, the support borehole is ,what, 20cm wide?
    What could be sent down?
    Rolled up magazines, maybe. Handheld gaming consoles, end-up. I thought they might like a bottle of malt as a cross-cultural show of sympathy, but would the 'experts' consider alcohol an unwise ingredient to put into that mix? Actually, if my experience is anything to go by……yeah – a bottle of whisky in a confined space means nowt but capital-T style trouble.
    What else would you send down?

hora
    Free Member

TJ would have been strangled long before then 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Just checked out your profile gravity…and I reckon you should already have a spade or two! 😯

😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sheets & rope (to make private areas), Gentlemans Interest periodicals and tissues

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Stuck in a hole.’ is closed to new replies.