Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stuck Maxle. Help please.
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Hi.
    Has anyone had any experience with a Maxle getting stuck? I went to get my front wheel out (on the trail, in the rain!) last night to sort my brakes and the cam/lever opens but the 15mm Maxle on my Revs wont undo. I don’t want to break it.
    Any advice gratefully received.
    Ta.

Stevet1
    Free Member

go back in time and grease it.
    Sorry. There was a thread on here a month or two back that might have some useful replies on it.

jonba
    Free Member

Which sort is it? If it is the old one then you’ll probably round off the collar if you force it (I did). Solution for me was a bit of rag, some grips and grabing the colar directly. If you are careful and protect the collar and fork you won’t scratch anything.

http://www.roteccycles.co.uk/rockshox-maxle-lite-15mm-black–32mm–chassis-b1-5773-p.asp

If it is the newer sort I’m not sure.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Cheers Jonba
    It’s the 15mm one on a 2012 Rev RLT, so looks like the one in your link. I had thought about trying to grip the collar so will give that a go.
    Ta

chakaping
    Free Member

If you’re struggling to get enough force on the lever, maybe put a bit of pipe over it and use a sensible amount of welly?

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Managed to free the Maxle using some grips with added purchase of a bit of old inner tube.
    Few small scratches but got it out and regreased it before fitting again.
    Ta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stuck Maxle. Help please.’ is closed to new replies.