Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Stuck in work late
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m supposed to have this code delivered into test today. So I need to finish it first. Ok so I could make excuses but I want to get it done and off my back.

Problem is I’ve totally lost my give-a-shit mojo. Gonna be a long night 🙂

binners

Posting nonsense on interweb forums when you’ve got a load of work to do is a bit like doing the dishes when you should be revising, don’t you think?

If it helps, I’ve just got home after a day at work, I’ll be in then turn around and walk straight back out again to go and put up a load of artwork in a newly returned bar that’s meant to be opening tomorrow. It doesn’t look like its opening tomorrow. It’s gonna be a very late one! I was up mounting and framing it all til 11 last night after an early start.

Stop whining you big Jessie!!!! 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

Not whining – procrastinating 🙂

binners

Aaaaaaah…. That’s ok then. I find beer aids procrastination;)

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sure they would appreciate that, but I am intending to order pizza later.

jeffl

I once had a moment of revelation at 12pm at night configuring a Cisco firewall many years ago. This was after consuming a couple of large glasses of wine. So beer may be the answer.

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

Soz Mol!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d have been done by now probably if my head was not in the clouds.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Well I’m just about done so I`m finally off home too 😉

binners

When you get to that point, you might as well go home and come at it fresh tomorrow.

I’ve told myself that loads of times at 2 in the morning, as I rock back and too, gently sobbing in the face of a print deadline

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m doing it cos I want my tomorrow to be free.

piemonster

Aaaaaaah…. That’s ok then. I find beer aids procrastination;)

Whisky is better. More hit per cubic centimetre of stash space.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well.. that worked.. pretty audacious piece of programming. I’m brilliant.

Now just to update the rest of it and then fix the other crap that doesn’t work.

CHB

So are you on call tomorrow if your ingenious programming fails beta testing. Personally I don’t doubt your awsummness but just speaking from experience. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll be in tomorrow anyway. I may or may not be deliberately not doing things I know don’t work because we have 4 weeks allocated for testing in which I can finish them.

Drac

Is there anything other than being at work late?

TheBrick
    Free Member

The I don’t give a shit anymore part of the sw development cycle. I too am in the middle so of this stage. Soon to be entering the I quit stage.

aracer
    Free Member

If it helps at all, I expect to be up late again working on the IT project I’m not currently getting paid for and therefore have no fixed working hours for. Though my partner was putting in a quote today which should result in my first payday. That’s after another day of procrastination, though I do seem to do my best work late at night.

molgrips
    Free Member

The pizza came in about 15 minutes, a hot fresh bountiful pile of toppings.. and the drink is cold. That’s not too bad 🙂

And I tried the test and realised my stuff is working, the server just hadn’t updated properly.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Hmmm. I’m always suspicious when thing appear to work too quickly. There must be something else wrong……

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been at this one for a couple of hours, so no worries there. Now the desk is covered in tiny granules of stuff off the pizza, making my mouse gritty.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m always suspicious when thing appear to work too quickly.

Is it the first time this has happened to you? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, you know. Speak to your doctor. Or, at the apposite moment, picture Helmut Kohl squatting naked on a glass table. That should give you a stay of execution, as it were. Unless you’re a weirdo, in which case, at least clean up after yourself.

squirrelking
    Free Member

12pm at night

Must have been big glasses of wine…

TheBrick
    Free Member

I usually think of molgrips fixing the passat and I am ok

molgrips
    Free Member

binners

I’ve just finished!!! Yay! As I was working in a bar I did have a beer while I was doing so. Rude not to really. I’m now having another one. Because, as David Ginola said I’m worth eeeeeet’ 😀

binners

More….

TheBrick
    Free Member

🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks for putting that song in my head. I’ve got chills.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, it works – but intermittently. It complains about the data, then the next time it goes straight through with the same data.

Pretty common, except that I’m not writing this code myself, I’m using a product which is meant to process the data for me. You’d expect it to behave the same each time…..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Stuck in work late’ is closed to new replies.